Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaylomaster

What's the scariest thing you've ever seen? [bump]

Mickgr said:

'

now you mention it, this wasn't me, it was my friend's dream and believe it or not, his dream was doom. he shot with recoil and all, and when he got hit, it was like an ant bite for a quick second. the imps were tall he said and he said it was quite scary (with all the dark areas and realistic graphics and stuff), and i DO recall being hurt in a dream before.

Anyway, i don;t think i have any scary things except of when i had a dream once, i was chased by some scary guy, and i go through a small tunnel. when i climb out and run, he jolts out behind me and tackles me. i cant move and it scares the shit out of me. scariest thing is, i had the EXACT same dream twice, (stupid enough to get caught twice) and this one time i met my friend in the SAME DREAM. it was creepyyyy. anyway, we closed our eyes at one point, and touched switches on a wall, (1 switch was scary)and i touched that one and it screamed.

Now with the real life experiences...

my brother always likes to joke me. i was very young, i think 7, and he shows me this "funny video" and it had calm music.. then, you guessed it, SCREAMER, screamed so much i think down the road heard it.

then he showed me another one of some "steve irwin thing", where it was talking about how he died, then it said, "until the cameraman found out what he really saw..."
then, you guessed it, screamer, that one was scary as well.

never go to sleep without watching a movie.

thats me,

KayloMaster

It's good to know, six years later, someone else had a similar experience.

I still have a memory from a nightmare I had when I was a little girl. A vision of a demonic face looking at me through a window grinning.

Is it bad I'm almost shaken with fear just thinking about it? lol

Kaylomaster, please avoid posting on old threads unless there's a really, really important reason to do so. The one you posted in is 6 years old. It's like talking to dead people! Please read the FAQ for more tips on what to do or not to do here. You'll note that it specifically asks not to bump old threads in the "important things to remember" section.

One way to start a conversation about the topic on a very old thread, when you aren't certain bumping it is fine, is to make a new thread and include a hyperlink to the old post to say you were inspired by it in whatever way. As an example, I edited such a link into your post.

I had a dream once where a large teddy bear we had came to life and walked into me and my brother's room and patted him on the head and then he turned towards me and I woke up. I asked my brother about it the next day and he said he felt it...

And sleep paralysis, when someone walks into the room swinging open the locked door and striding in and you cannot turn around and see who it is.

neubejiita said:

And sleep paralysis, when someone walks into the room swinging open the locked door and striding in and you cannot turn around and see who it is.

Probably a gruesome hell knight who stole one of your relatives' body. Watch out.

And sleep paralysis...

This is probably the most frightening thing I've experienced in my whole life. I had been sleeping on the couch in my (then) living room, and at one point I had woken up but couldn't move or even open my eyes. I remember hearing a couple of my family members chatting and watching TV, so I kept trying to scream out for help, to no avail. Naturally, a feeling of panic and absolute terror swept over me as I was essentially trapped in my own body, unable to do anything but think.

neubejiita said:

And sleep paralysis,

I had no clue what this was until I looked it up on Wikipedia.

So I guess that explains the times I have woken up in the middle of the night to sometimes see someone standing in the middle of my room and just vanish into thin air, probably one of the scariest things I can remember at the moment.

Sleep paralysis can be pretty damn scary. Worse enough is that I've had it happen to me several times over the past 5 years that I can recount. Most recently was last semester, when I took a nap, and awoke to a dead family member coming in through my door while I was stuck motionless. Broke out of it several seconds later freaked out of mind.

In terms of other scary stuff, I once spent a whole night having a series of different nightmares, waking up only once or twice in between what totaled six entirely different dreams. Really freaked me out when I finally got up for the day and recounted most of them O_O

Reading all those comments in the thread makes me shiver. *turns on relaxing music*
When I was little I had a very lively imagination and I remember having many nightmares and hallucinations in that time.
I often heard a dog bark in my room. And we never had a dog... O_O
One dream I remember was that me and my brother were playing hide and seek in the living room, and when I found him, his face suddenly transformed into a thing that looked like a moon (like this http://www.acrocomia.com/images/Moon-Face-Polished-L.jpg). It may sound funny, but it looked absolutely grotesque and real and scared me so much. It still makes me shiver. My brother also started to laugh maniacally in the dream and I could still hear it echoing after I woke up.
But thinking about it now, its pretty ridiculous. **
I also often saw some kind of sheep-like animals walking around in my room, but I could never see what they really looked like because of the darkness.

eargosedown said:

It's good to know, six years later, someone else had a similar experience.

I still have a memory from a nightmare I had when I was a little girl. A vision of a demonic face looking at me through a window grinning.

Scary (Full of fear). Why did i watch this thread at midnight...

Recurring dreams were always among the most frightening for me, and I used to have them all the time up until I was twelve or thirteen or so. They seemed fairly irrelevant back then, and even now I have to dig fairly deep to muster some form of meaning from them at all.

The most notable were, or are:

- Being tucked in at night by my grandfather on the 5th floor of a house made entirely out of glass and sitting in the middle of a dark forest. The moon is full and shining brightly through the walls. A ringing sound, identical to the sound heard when stepping outside after a gig, is heard, and a witch swoops in from afar, cackling, shattering the entire house and causing me to fall, fall, fall...

- Touching the wheel of an overturned Toyota and being electrocuted. What joy.
Lasts several minutes.

- Walking into a flooded MacDonald's and ordering a happy meal with "extra skulls". A tidal wave enters the building and I'm transported to Mars.

- Driving naked in the passenger seat of a Porsche, spotting a gorilla on the roof of my neighbours house (the animal varies sometimes), and then somehow, by some miraculous means, killing the Sahara Desert.

And if it's not a dream? Why, then it just has to be that impressionist's painting of Marilyn Monroe's face on the back of the white wooden chair in my Aunt's bedroom.

Haunts me to this day.

After playing so much Doom, shouldn't you actually be excited when you get to see a cacodemon in person?

Not the scariest, but one of the creepiest that's been verified by another person. When I was a child, 5-9 years old, my older brother and I would stay at our grandparents house. Several times I would look out the window of the room we would stay in, and I swore to god I could see the Hamburger Helper oven mitt staring in at me. Creepy enough on it's own, it seemed vivid as day. Four years later, my brother and I were staying there for the 4th of July, I brought it up, and he turned a little white and said he always saw it too. I still haven't figured out what kind of reflection would cause that image, and I doubt there's a zombified Hamburger Helper mitt stalking the house, but the fact that both of it saw it creeps me out. Needless to say, I refuse to eat Hamburger Helper, in addition to the fact that hamburger doesn't need any help.

Jello said:

Not the scariest, but one of the creepiest that's been verified by another person. When I was a child, 5-9 years old, my older brother and I would stay at our grandparents house. Several times I would look out the window of the room we would stay in, and I swore to god I could see the Hamburger Helper oven mitt staring in at me. Creepy enough on it's own, it seemed vivid as day. Four years later, my brother and I were staying there for the 4th of July, I brought it up, and he turned a little white and said he always saw it too. I still haven't figured out what kind of reflection would cause that image, and I doubt there's a zombified Hamburger Helper mitt stalking the house, but the fact that both of it saw it creeps me out. Needless to say, I refuse to eat Hamburger Helper, in addition to the fact that hamburger doesn't need any help.

Mmm, about that same age in my family's old house, my mom had a bunch of art stuff on the patio. One night looking at it, I swear I could see a face in there. Luckily I found it was just some stuff arranged in just the right way that at a certain angle it looked like a face ... but still creepy. That's happened to me before with some stuff ...

As for creepy dreams ... once one of my sisters had this white tiger face mask, and bugged me with it. That night I dreamed a white tiger faced person was following me on the other side of the school's fence, and either I ran out of fence or it got over. The dream ended about there.

Another one I had a long, long time ago, when my oldest sister was a baby, I had a dream my parents and I were in some sort of glass curiosity shop, then went up some crazy rubber elevator thing, like one of those big bucket scoop construction machines, and the next floor was a barren skyscraper floor with open walls. A man was there, then went down the rubber thing really suddenly. At that point I actually woke up but was still in the dream, then started walking towards my parents bedroom ... but that was also towards the open walls of the skyscraper. I fall out, have the sensation of falling a few seconds ... then fully wake up and wake up my parents. Yay.

Got to be the longest story post I've ever posted ...

When I was 8 years old, I used to live in a rural area in Northern Colorado. Our house was adjacent to a a county road that was mainly farms and pastures on the other side, and this road led all the way into the mountains. There were maybe 2 houses along this entire stretch of road between us and the foothills. I went outside late one night because the dog was pawing to get outside. I shone my light on the road and I saw another kid standing there in the middle of the road. He was probably my height from what I could tell and there was something very off about him. He was somewhat disproportional, and stood in an awkward position relative to how any normal person would stand. I shone my light on him and he turned around. I got the scare of my life. This wasn't a person. He had large, blue eyes, slightly smaller than the size of tennis balls. The thing I remember most is that his pupils shrank to the size of pinheads when I shone my light on him. He had no other distinguishing features on his face, no mouth, no nose. I don't remember what he was wearing, or what his hair looked like (or if he had any for that matter.) I was so terrified I ran back into my house, and woke up my parents. They looked off their balcony and saw him running down the road, and shouted at him. He didn't stop running and disappeared down the road. This is an MSPaint doodle of what I remember: I think it was a chupacabra.

It's always interesting to hear from some of the more discussed minds in literature, and what they have to say about fear as well. When asked what the most frightening thing he had ever encountered was, Ernest Hemingway responded: "A blank sheet of paper".

Also, that sounds mighty terrifying, Patrick.

OK, a bit OT but now I noticed "Kaylomaster"'s username and remembered that in Greek "Kayla" (Καύλα, pronounced "Kavla") means "horniness" and "Kaylo" (Καύλο-) can be used a prefix giving "horniness" to things, but is also a slang term for "dick", "prick" or "wang". So "Kaylomaster" is "Prick master" or "Horny master". And that's scary.

I wrote in 2004:

Hm, another time i got my digital camera out and took a picture of my bedroom in the dark, i dont know why i did it, but on the picture there was a ton of 'orbs', which some people reckon are the most basic manifestation of a ghostly prescence, i was shit scared, then i had to go downstairs to let the cat out the back, and i took the camera with me and opened the kitchen door a tiny bit and took a photo of the kitchen to "check for orbs" before i went in there..

Lul, i was a colossal faggot.

I have experienced sleep paralysis now. I'd been dreaming about reading a story in an old story-paper called The Boys' Friend, which was about a German invasion of Britain told in first-person. I then (in the dream) started to read another story which wasn't, and then woke up with sleep paralysis. The bed was shaking because my cat was washing herself and i tried to turn around to face her but could only move one of my fingers and pathetically croak, i don't think i could even move my eyes - my vision was just fixed ahead. Then i closed my eyes and 'slept' what must have only been minutes (the same dream came back but it was like i'd "missed a bit") and then was back to normal.

AgentSpork said:

This is probably the most frightening thing I've experienced in my whole life. I had been sleeping on the couch in my (then) living room, and at one point I had woken up but couldn't move or even open my eyes. I remember hearing a couple of my family members chatting and watching TV, so I kept trying to scream out for help, to no avail. Naturally, a feeling of panic and absolute terror swept over me as I was essentially trapped in my own body, unable to do anything but think.

Creepy
.__.

I remember when I was little I was saw something in a park(don't remember the name of the place) that look like bigfoot. Turns out that it was actually a guy in a Gorilla suit that was being an ass to scare the shit out of people.

Maes said:

OK, a bit OT but now I noticed "Kaylomaster"'s username and remembered that in Greek "Kayla" (Καύλα, pronounced "Kavla") means "horniness" and "Kaylo" (Καύλο-) can be used a prefix giving "horniness" to things, but is also a slang term for "dick", "prick" or "wang". So "Kaylomaster" is "Prick master" or "Horny master". And that's scary.

ewwww i didnt notice that. my name is actually Caylem so i thought:

Caylem: Cayla: Caylo: Kaylo: KayloMaster....

creepy, huh?

I've had sleep paralysis before, and it is the most terrifying panic-inducing things I've experienced. I remember waking up facing my closet, and I tried to get up and stretch, but could not move for the love of me. Like someone said before, I could only think and move my eyes a little bit, but I couldn't move at all. I do remember seeing a girl in my closet, and whispering in my ear, but I was still awake, and after she vanished into nothingness, I could move again. Creeps me out to this day, because I keep trying to tell myself that I was dreaming, but I know that I was conscious.

Hearing whispers and seeing girls in your closet without expressions while being awake, then having all of that disappear? Great start to my day.

You were perhaps dreaming and awake. :D The first time I had sleep paralysis I was 8. It scared the shit out of me, especially since I had just had a nightmare. The second time I was 19. I don't remember the dream that came before that one, but the sleep paralysis part was fun that time. I knew what it was so it wasn't scary and it became more interesting.

Hallucinations during sleep paralysis are also very very life-like because they're usually meshed together with what you're actively seeing.

deathbringer said:

i don't think i could even move my eyes - my vision was just fixed ahead. Then i closed my eyes and 'slept' what must have only been minutes (the same dream came back but it was like i'd "missed a bit") and then was back to normal.

So basically SP happens if part of you wants to wake the hell up, and another insists on finishing the dream?

printz said:

So basically SP happens if part of you wants to wake the hell up, and another insists on finishing the dream?

basically. Your body is still stuck in the REM portion of sleep.

eargosedown said:

basically. Your body is still stuck in the REM portion of sleep.

I've had this a couple of times, its well shitty. A friend of mine started getting it often, and iirc, is taking drugs for it.

The last few times I've had SP were all grouped within the space of a week, about a year ago, and I haven't had any since. I got slightly scared the first time, but was more interested than scared, since I very rarely get nightmares (I guess I'm lucky). It then led to one of my very few lucid dream experiences (and actually lasted a few minutes, that I can remember), so I tried to replicate it the next few nights, and succeeded a couple times, then forgot about it, and haven't had it since.