Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pottus

The Chamber Of Damnation

Apart from Hell's Last Stand I am also working on another Wad called The Chamber Of Damnation. This started out as inspiration from playing a lot of Deus Vult particularly Map02 the torture chamber so I used this as my model to create a Wad with levels based largely around a central chamber. This project is also built in Skulltag format.

I have been working on this already for over a year old due to the time it takes to build large levels I've decided to make it a 10 level set which brings me to about 70% of building all levels to a beta stage. Of course once everything is built I will be going through it all again re-texturing and gameplay testing.

Here's a few screenshots of some of the stuff and level style to expect please remember the final will most likely look a lot more refined than what is seen in the screenshots.

http://img24.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=screenshotdoom201002162.png

This is my first Doom project and I have learned a lot about making Doom levels actually I'd like to think I learned a lot of things not to do in your levels. To me this project isn't even like a first anymore it's more of a second to finish whats left and fix what was originally done. With that said the way the project is now there is a lot of things I want to change with it any suggestions comments are very much welcomed.

Only problem I have with that is it won't work in software and I have specifically built my levels to work in software/hardware.

You're using skulltag =/ It just might be me, but if I do play software mode, I'll play it in prboom+ and not f up my gl settings in skulltag. Usually cause it's a boom port wad I want to demo.

I forgot to mention I am making it with a heavy focus on multi-player and I only really use Skulltag aside from chocolate Doom. I'm sorry it won't be in Boom format.

Heh, I thought there might be an invasion map in there somewhere at first, maybe I wasn't far off. Like I said, I only use boom to record demos, I actually prefer playing things in skulltag, although I've never dmed doom (laptop ping and general disinterest in doing online dming cause of mass dms like day of defeat ...).