Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

Crazy dude crashes plane into IRS building

Two people were injured and one person was missing, local officials said. There were no reported deaths.

Hahahaha MISSION FAILED

tl;dr version of his suicide note: " I tried to cheat on my taxes, failed, lost almost everything, and still tried to cheat on my taxes. Since I can't cheat on my taxes I will KILL THE TAXMAN"

BROTIP:

Now we get to hear that because a seven-story building struck by a four-seater didn't fall down exactly like a couple of 110-story buildings hit by jumbo jets proves that 9/11 was a government conspiracy...

Jesus Christ, don't let hellbent see this.

I'm really glad this noob didn't manage to kill anyone, but it still sucks that he's obviously caused a lot of damage to the building.

Lawl, is that the new "fuck the world" guesture?

Not long after 9/11 some nutty kid who would have done a school shooting otherwise "converted to islam" (probably just downloaded the Koran and spouted lines from it to 'freak people out') then went on a flying lesson and crashed the plane into his town council offices. Then there was the bloke in Germany, and that boss of a baseball team. I think there was another one too but i can't remember.

There was a similar accident in Italy, long ago: 2002 Pirelli Tower plane crash. I'm sure that Berlusconi couldn't have hoped for a better chance to fuel his red scare rhetoric and terror theories about "superiority of the western civilization" and "bringing Italy closer to the USA than ever, united in the war against terrorism".

I read through the guy's manifesto, he didn't sound like a total raving lunatic believe it or not. Just super frustrated.

Shaikoten said:

I read through the guy's manifesto, he didn't sound like a total raving lunatic believe it or not. Just super frustrated.

He sounds like a total raving lunatic to me. It's not the contents of his manifesto, it's the fact that he was willing to kill himself in an attempt to bring harm to others that really makes him a nut. You know, I get it, no one likes taxes, but for fuck's sake, the man was well-off enough that he could afford an airplane. It's not like the government took everything he owned and forced him to live under a bridge. He could've sucked it up and dealt with it like an adult.

I mean sure, maybe it's unfair that he doesn't get to keep more of the money he earns. But when you're well-off as it is, you just come off sounding like the world's greatest douche when you decide that it's worth killing people over.

This only adds more proof that 9/11 was a controlled demolition. [/making fun of hellbent, i love ya buddy!] Thank science that no one got hurt, although I really wouldn't mind if a few more IRS buildings got hit by planes.

The two bodies they recovered were neither the pilot nor the missing person. They were actually the bodies of CIA agents sent to plant explosive charges in the building in an attempt to rekindle the terror that 9/11 created. They weren't planning on the brave pilot who sacrificed himself to stop the CIA agents and save everyone inside.

geekmarine said:

You know, I get it, no one likes taxes, but for fuck's sake, the man was well-off enough that he could afford an airplane.

I don't know exactly what/how much he lost to the IRS, but it was possible that even that last possession would be taken away from him, more sooner than later (I'm surprised it was not already so). When you're under confiscation for debts/taxes, you are not given the luxury of finding the highest bidder/buying low and sell high: your possessions are given away literally for a dime, and you're left with debts. Confiscation auctioneers aren't exactly your best friends.

Without justifying his actions in the least, it's no wonder that he decided to take some names and share some of his perceived misery/give a taste of their own medicine to those he held responsible for his downfall. Not everyone can bow down to adversity (and to himself), utter a sincere, if painful "Gomenasai", samurai-style, and meditate on his mistakes.

I don't know the specifics, maybe he had already lost the plane to the IRS and just because of poor timing/cooperation between authorities none told him "that ain't your plane no more, dude", and so he made his "last stand" vs an unjust world. OTOH, if I could sell the plane myself for, say, $100000 and had no more problems afterwards, I'd consider that good enough for a fresh start, I'd cast a black stone behind me and start all over again. But not everybody is up to that, and the poor devil might not even have had that choice (especially if there were other debts running).

The part that irritates me is that conservative bloggers and radio hosts are painting this dude as a "left-wing nutcase". Doesn't sound very left-wing to me, just nutty.

Mr. Freeze said:

The part that irritates me is that conservative bloggers and radio hosts are painting this dude as a "left-wing nutcase". Doesn't sound very left-wing to me, just nutty.

That is, when they're not lauding him as a hero. Really.

geekmarine said:

It's not the contents of his manifesto

Which you did read, or not?

geekmarine said:

it's the fact that he was willing to kill himself in an attempt to bring harm to others that really makes him a nut.

From his suicide letter, he didn't seem to exhibit any intention of killing anyone else than himself. Crashing on the IRS building was a symbolic gesture, not an attempt at killing IRS employees.

I just read his letter. I think this man really believed in what he did, and I certainly agree with a lot of what he said. Unfortunately, this guy's gunna get written off as a nutjob and no one will really hear what he has to say. What a shame.

Mr. Freeze said:

And left wing are painting him as a psycho Republican, it's happening on both sides.

At the end of his letter he does start spouting off about communism though

Ralphis said:

Eeeergo.... ?

Ralphis said:

And left wing are painting him as a psycho Republican, it's happening on both sides.

If both the left and right are arguing about his ideals...it's safe to say there are none in play.

Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream + taxes.

When is the populace going to wake up? We've been had.

To whom do we owe for the privilege of living? More and more I see that we are just cattle..

Gez said:
From his suicide letter, he didn't seem to exhibit any intention of killing anyone else than himself. Crashing on the IRS building was a symbolic gesture, not an attempt at killing IRS employees.

It looks that way, if you ask me. Basically as a way to express extreme disappointment and anger and make his letter reach many readers.

Stupid loser. Wasted a perfectly good plane. Those things, thanks to shitty American lawsuit happiness, are not at all affordable.

Well, extreme situations -> extreme personalities -> extreme measures.

Except for the terrorist act, his manifesto is completely sound and is telling of many wrong things in that country.

spank said:

Except for the terrorist act, his manifesto is completely sound and is telling of many wrong things in that country.

Not completely. Stuff like "waah waah, why is the Catholic Church tax exempt and not me, why I claimed to the IRS I was a church too they didn't believe me" is far from sound.