Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Doomworld redesign superhappy preview mania

http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/

The Doomworld redesign as of another weekend's worth of work. Take a look.

Before bitching about something, make sure and check the options page to make sure it's not settable. One or two people have already complained about stuff which is changeable.

Not all the databases have been filled, which is why the source ports section has a lot of empty pages and the music section only lists E1. A lot of the work I've been doing has been with backend databases, which isn't apparent to people viewing the site, but makes it approximately 1000 times easier for me to maintain and update.

Yes, I know that the intermediary pages are horribly spartan, so don't bother mentioning it because yes I know.

Obviously I have not done the levels page yet.

Things that I notice but you may not:

- The superthin bar directly about the titles on pages which shows a little path listing with the ability to back up, I added that in because blocking the adserver makes trying to go back using the "back" button a pain.

* You can sort tables by the different fields, so if you want to see all the Windows source ports listed by filesize, be my guest.

iii) After looking at the Options page, if you know of any Doom monsters with highres pictures that I am not using, let me know.

4) It's /classicdoom because there's going to be a /doom3 as well

+ The sidebar links don't point to the redesigned pages so don't freak out

F) Suggestions are welcome

I'd really like the top flat to be random or at least changeable. Floor4_8 would be cool for example.

OH JOY.

Pretty cool, I love the random stuff going on at the top. You might want to tabulate the "editor and utilities" section. The pic looks pretty weird when placed under the navbar.

I agree with Fredrik, it needs another background. I'm not sure if a flat would do the trick, though...

TF NAVBAR : OFF OFF OFF -> ROFL

I've actually been bugging Ling to change the water flat for something different (preferably something in the same style as the menu table), but he just ignores me =P

The ad banner is getting on my nerves.

POETRY CONTEST WIN! $10,000

stupid flower-weilding beatnik gif...anyway, I don't like how the ad banner looks in that corner. Perhaps you should move it below the dw logo, between that and the top story or something.

I know it wouldn't be viewable in all browsers, but it could be nice to use 'justify' alignment instead of 'left'.
Nice nice nice nice work so far :)

well i have to ask this one question, are we redisigning doomworld or just re building it completely??? new everything?? because these popups make my fingers bleed from trying to kill them on everypage i load.

That's sweet...does this have anything to do with me not being able to access the forums?

That's sweet...does this have anything to do with me not being able to access the forums?

I would think not, but hey, I wouldn't know. I don't have any problems.

Abandoned

- Doom Resurrection

I may be far off. but wasn't this released?

Maybe Fatal released something under that name, but the Mike Tawney led project that that webpage is about was abandoned long ago.

everything is great except for the doomer-penis logo, which makes the site look gross. The demon images are awesomely sweet =]

the design itself is cool. I'd change the colors though, something like dark gray/white. The navy blue or whatever the hell it actually is got boring.

A white background, grayish/black menu, and something redone to the top so it fit in and I think it would look a lot better, but whatever.

EDIT: I'm bored, I'll actually play around with the colors, if it comes out cool I'll post a link to it here for all to see.

I plan on eventually migrating all the fonts/colors to a CSS document so theoretically I could offer several color schemes.