Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carny Goat

Monster Possesion wads?

I notice a lot of doom has to do with demons and marines fighting the demons. Besides that point, is there a wad out there that allowed you to control a demon of your choice you happen to be near.

Something that would either give you a 3rd or 1st person view of the baddy with primary and secondary attacks?

I hear there was a source port with the kind of feature, but I never heard of a wad with the function and I just wanted to know if anyone has come across one or maybe even designed what I just described.

(Think of it, lack of weapons, low on health, and you want to stir some shit up. So you see an Arachnotron that hasn't spotted you, and you have some kind of artifact. You end up using it on the monster, and suddenly, you are in that monster's point of view, you fire your plasma cannon and attack a few imps!)

A few mods come to mind:

Doom: Rampage Edition - Good concept, but shitty execution. This one was pretty bad IIRC

There was a really cool mod that was in black and white that got released recently that did this very well. I can't remember the name right away.

GvH - I've never played this, but check it out if multiplayer is your thing.

Well, I played GVH and all those. But I never saw one mod with a function of "Monster Possession." I seen and played mods that pit monsters against each other, but never one where you can be a marine player, go up to a monster, possess it, and then fight with it.

I have yet to see a mod where you possess a demon and make it fight other demons with your full control.

What I'm trying to say is. Is there one possession mod that allows a person to take full control of a monster?

Damn, my description almost resembles a past game I played called "Geist" for the Nintendo GameCube. Which pretty much sums up monster possession by gameplay concepts.

Carniverous Goat said:

I have yet to see a mod where you possess a demon and make it fight other demons with your full control.

Again, this mod by (kirby?) lets you take control of demons by posessing them and attacking others, and then returning back to being a player character. I'll see if I can find it.

Patrick said:

Again, this mod by (kirby?) lets you take control of demons by posessing them and attacking others, and then returning back to being a player character. I'll see if I can find it.

So, Doom: Rampage Edition featured this? I'm downloading it now just to be sure.

Damn, my description almost resembles a past game I played called "Geist" for the Nintendo GameCube.

I was hoping you'd say you got the idea from Shadow Force. The exact same idea...in a Double Dragon-type game. (also made by the same people) :P