Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

GDC Award For Carmack

Kotaku reports that John Carmack will be receiving a lifetime achievement award from the GDC for his work in the game industry.

On March 11th, during the 2010 Game Developers Choice Awards at GDC, former Lifetime Achievement Award winner Will Wright will present the award to Carmack, during a ceremony hosted by noted RPG developer Warren Spector

You can read the full story from the GDC website for details.

It's sad seeing all those Kotaku people saying things like "it's a shame all that talent was wasted on video games," because we all know he will be better known for his work with games than whatever he achieves in the aerospace industry.

I dunno, maybe he doesn't mind.

Either way, congrats to you Mr. Carmack. I still look up to you today.

DuckReconMajor said:

It's sad seeing all those Kotaku people saying things like "it's a shame all that talent was wasted on video games," because we all know he will be better known for his work with games than whatever he achieves in the aerospace industry.

I dunno, maybe he doesn't mind.

Either way, congrats to you Mr. Carmack. I still look up to you today.

I don't quite understand them, because he actually implemented a lot of stuff from computer graphics and advanced it in some cases.

goddard said:
I don't quite understand them,

It was a joke.

kristus said:

[...]Will Wright [hands prize to] Carmack [while] Warren Spector [runs the show]

Can this get more awesome?!?