Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dsm

hell beneath

When I was a kid, I believed that Hell was deep under the surface of the Earth and that Heaven was in the skies (that's what I was told anyway).
Of course I don't believe that anymore, but I'd like to hear some opinions about Hell and about the "Hell Beneath" version in particular.

Oh yeah, and just for forms sake: I've reached my post No. 666 - kinda good timing :-)

Hell isn't a physical place, and neither is heaven. IF they exist, they must do so outside the boundaries of our reality as we know it.

...whoa...

Hell isn't a physical place, and neither is heaven. IF they exist, they must do so outside the boundaries of our reality as we know it.

...whoa...

Yeah, IF Hell and Heaven exist. The reason I posted this topic was because the Flat Earth Society thread reminded me that there are people believing weird things and some people do believe that there is a Hell beneath us, lol.

So I got curious to hear what the DW people think about this belief.

Supposedly some russians miner d00ds drilled to far down and got a recording of the screaming voices in hell, dunno if its real, its another one of those urban legend thingies but I don't know. Check it out on the net for yourself.

No seriously, they even have a recording donwloadable from the site, it happened WAY back in like the 1920's or
something. Looke it up on the net, I'm dead serious.

Just take it with a grain of salt though.

No seriously, they even have a recording donwloadable from the site, it happened WAY back in like the 1920's or

Care to save us the work by posting us the link? You'd be the man...

THe real name of Hell is Baator, and it is seperated into nine layers, each very different from the next. It does not exist on the Prime Material, but rather out in the Multiverse, on its own plane of existance.

:)

THe real name of Hell is Baator, and it is seperated into nine layers, each very different from the next. It does not exist on the Prime Material, but rather out in the Multiverse, on its own plane of existance.

where did you read that? sounds like a good basis for a fable...

where did you read that? sounds like a good basis for a fable...

Eh, sounds like DnD or something.

Supposedly some russians miner d00ds drilled to far down and got a recording of the screaming voices in hell, dunno if its real, its another one of those urban legend thingies but I don't know. Check it out on the net for yourself.

There are natural gases that emit from the earth, I bet if you were to go down deep enough, the gases would would be concentrated because of the lack of fresh air. That most likely caused them to have hallucinations and what not.

EDIT: and now I found out they actually didn't go down in there. I'm sure it was just some echo of a cricket.

I just listened to it and I'm unimpressed. I doubt it's what they thought it was.

Here's a link for all of you - http://www.hellsreal.com/Listentohell.htm

I'll admit it DOES sound freaky. However, it doesn't do much when you realize that it's fake. If someone COULD infact record the sounds of hell, well, I wuoldn't make light of the situation. Not at all.

Nevermind, if you click on this tiny little hidden dot on the Realplayer website, you can download it. I saved it to C:\Program Files\SuckPlayer Thats where it deserves to be.

Anyways, those sounds of Hell were fucking cool...I want to find a higher-quality version.

Pah!
I've heard freakier "Hellscreams" than this, but I don't remember where I heard it from, so don't expect me to be able to post links.

If someone did record the sounds of Hell, I'm sure we'll all be horrified listening to them.

So that's where the expression "where-in-the-nine-Hells..." comes from. Heh, I've heard that there are seven "cities" in Hell - one for each of the seven sins of Death.

Hell is here. This place. This life. It is for me right now, as I have no job or anything, and every day is a chore.

But, heaven is here. This place. This life. But, it's just that when everything is going right.

In short, neither exist but both do.

Figure THAT one out!

Don't you people get it? We're all dead. And this is Hell. I'm surprised none of you realize that. heh.

What's Dis? (asides from a doom level)

In The Divine Comedy it was a City in Hell, I think actualy the gateway to Hell (I haven't actualy read Inferno, but I've read a lot on it.

In the D&D Planescape mythos, its actualy a layer of Hell, which is mostly city.

Uh, I think what's supposed to happen is that the actual Planet Earth turns into Hell after the time's up, and the good people leave Earth and go to Heaven, wherever that is.

Hmm... Disneyland?

Are you kidding? Disneyland is Hell to the parents who have to take their kids there.

If there were to be any levels in Doom 3 where you visit Hell, there should DEFINITELY be sounds like these in the background. I mean, when I listen to those hell screams it sends chills down my spine because I automatically picture in my mind the horrible tortures that the damned must be going through. Something like what the original crew of the ship 'Event Horizon' went through, I suppose...