Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carniverous Goat

Aeons of Death 5

Recommended Posts

Aeons of Death is a massive enemy and weapon compilation mod for Zdoom.

I saw a teaser trailer for the latest version of it. Aeons of Death 5...
The biggest question on my mind about it now, is when does it get released? I have no info on when or will it come out?

I'd be deeply satisfied to find some more information regarding "Aeons Of Death 5" as I am a fan of large weapons and monster wads. :D

So far, this is the only lead I got on it..
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20500

Share this post


Link to post

Oh boy a giant ripfest where the author has the resource creators contact him to be credited! Because that's definitely how it works in life.

Share this post


Link to post

I tend not to like this sort of mod because no attention is paid to how consistent the resources are and how well they fit with each other. Also, my main complaint with it has always been that the sheer number of weapons tends to create weapon slot overflow, where you'll need to either hit a slot key several times to find the weapon you're looking for, or else painstakingly figure out what the internal name of the weapon you want is so that you can bind a key to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Archvile78 said:

Am i the only one who hate this mod? ­|:


Nope, I don't like it because its a waste of space on my computer and has WAY too many monsters and weapons all at once. Also I'd rather play OMG Weapons! (and Monsters) than this :P

Share this post


Link to post
Khorus said:

Nope.


This.

I fucking hate this mod with a passion. At the same time, I wish I could find a different monster WAD/mod with the same kind of randomization AEOD offers minus the ripfest, minus the inconsistent-as-fuck themes, and minus the bloat.

I'd make my own if I had the time and mad coding/modding skillz, since I got ideas for one. ):

Share this post


Link to post
WildWeasel said:

I tend not to like this sort of mod because no attention is paid to how consistent the resources are and how well they fit with each other. Also, my main complaint with it has always been that the sheer number of weapons tends to create weapon slot overflow, where you'll need to either hit a slot key several times to find the weapon you're looking for, or else painstakingly figure out what the internal name of the weapon you want is so that you can bind a key to it.



these are exactly the issues i had with this mod. i think i've tried it once, found it a wild mix of every monster and weapon the author could get his hands on.

Share this post


Link to post
Nems said:

This.

I fucking hate this mod with a passion. At the same time, I wish I could find a different monster WAD/mod with the same kind of randomization AEOD offers minus the ripfest, minus the inconsistent-as-fuck themes, and minus the bloat.

I'd make my own if I had the time and mad coding/modding skillz, since I got ideas for one. ):


Not a fan of AEOD myself, but my mod ScoreDoom is a more 'doom-like' version you can try , when you use it with the add-on pack. (I realize the last sentence was sort of oxymoronic ;-)) If you dont like the default monsters, you can edit which monsters appear, and add new ones if you want. Setting sp_random_custom_monsters=true in the ini will enable completely random monsters per play, like AEOD.

Share this post


Link to post

While I didn't really care if most of the monsters didn't fit with Doom (considering I kind of liked the whole ragnarok feel it gave me), it was the weapons issue I wasn't such a big fan of. (I'm not into weapons all that much myself, which was why I liked Heirachy of Chaos better, though it's for skulltag.)

Share this post


Link to post
BilboHicks said:

Not a fan of AEOD myself, but my mod ScoreDoom is a more 'doom-like' version you can try , when you use it with the add-on pack. (I realize the last sentence was sort of oxymoronic ;-)) If you dont like the default monsters, you can edit which monsters appear, and add new ones if you want. Setting sp_random_custom_monsters=true in the ini will enable completely random monsters per play, like AEOD.


:D

Scoredoom just keeps getting more and more awesome. Thanks. I'm definitely gonna give the ini-adding/editing thing a spin.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×