Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

My Rant (and it's Doom Related)

Nothing pisses me off more than when someone can't take the time to care about what they say before they say it. If you don't know what you're talking about don't open your fucking mouth. Even when parents make mistakes talking about their kids' toys (PokeMAN?), it pisses me the hell off!

But what's really bad is when someone who obviously loves something enough to post on the net shows his stupidity. In GameFAQs, I was browsing thru the boards, and I came across this post in the GBA Doom board (this is only the part of the post that pisses me off):

well, the original doom for the PC and now GBA has just seven kinds of enemies, the soldier, the shotgun dude, the imp, the pig demon, the lost soul, that floating red thing that shoots those blue energy things, and the dreaded hell baron (excluding the two bosses, the cyber demon and the arachdemon).

however, later in the next few incarnations of doom, doom 2 final doom, and ultimate doom many more enemies appear. like the raven, juggernaught, hell demon, chaingun man and that smaller version of the arachdemon. if the doom team makes anoether doom game, what would the evil demons be like?

Ok. I don't know what the hell he's talking about some of the fucking time. Raven? Juggernaught? I can only ASSUME what he's talking about. Arachdemon? Hell Baron? Those floating red things? Hell Demon? God.

How can someone not care when they sound like a total ass? Ok, maybe he doesn't know the names, so why make some up? Half the time when you read an FAQ on the game, they call the enemies and items the wrong thing.

I just recently wrote an FAQ for Castlevania 4 so I checked out some other FAQs before writing mine. It was annoying just trying to read them. Some call the Morning Star (your stronger whip) thorns. WTF? Hahaha Dracula, I'll hit you with these throns! They'll scratch and stuff.

At least this barely happens on the Doomworld Forums, and I'm thankful. But when Doom 3 comes out, people will be coming here, strut themselves around as if they own the fucking place, and not even care if they make up names or get the lingo right. Just watch. Someone WILL call the Cyberdemon the Minotaur. Someone WILL call the Revenant a Skeleton. It pisses me off.

It takes a split second to think about what you say before you say it. Make sure you say a word right or don't sound like an idiot when you open your mouth. It really doesn't take too much of an effort. Geez.

That's not really anything to be pissed off at.

Yes it is, I could get pissed at anything. YOUR POST PISSES ME OFF :P

Geez, elbryan, you sound...........angry.
Yeah it is fucking stupid when people name the Doom/2 bad guys the wrong name (Arachdemon=Arachnotron, Skeleton=Revenant, for the fuckhead who wrote that article).

Juggernaut? Raven?

I've never heard of those enemies. God, people can be so stupid sometimes.

Juggernaut? Raven?

I'll assume those are the mancubus and archvile, respectively.

WTF? Raven? I can see that a mancubus could be called a Juggernaught, but WTF is a Raven?

And who would call a Morning Star 'thorns'...A morining star is a bigass mace, not 'thorns'. Except that the way you describe it, it sounds more like a flail, but whatever.

It doesn't really bother me that people don't always use the correct name of the demon...I didn't know the name of any of them until I beat Doom 2. The cacodemon is sometimes refered to as the 'tomato monster', the demon is called 'pink muncher' or 'bulldog demon', and the zombies have a ton of nicknames.
But the names that guy gave the bad guys...unforgivable.

pokeMAN

Heh. That reminds me of something:

Bill Cosby: So, what do you like li'l man?
Kid: Pokemon!
Cosby: Daww, Its the thing...with the poke...and the man...and the thing...daww!

Juggernaut? Raven?

I'll assume those are the mancubus and archvile, respectively.

I assume Raven is Revenant.

When it comes to DOOM2, it takes no more than watching the end sequence to know the monsters' names, but I guess it's too much for some.

That guy you quoted really sucked, but calling demons pigs and revenants skeletons is quite OK. Sometimes I call Mancubus "Fatso" and Arachnotron "Baby Spider".

I get what you mean. Whenever I tell someone my site (depot.wrong.button.com) 99.9% of the time they put the www. in front of it! Grr...

Nothing pisses me off more than when someone can't take the time to care about what they say before they say it. If you don't know what you're talking about don't open your fucking mouth.

Oh dear, looks like you didn't bother to read the 404, it was a spoof one :)

I read it. That it was an actual webpage and not "error404.html" was a dead giveaway before I even opened it.

I tend to have these fits occasionally. Like when I give someone directions or an explanation for something, they'll read it (or claim they did) and then ask a question WHICH IS FUCKING ANSWERED IN THE THING THEY WERE READING.

You can't really expect that much from people (like to do at least a little bit of research or pay attention to something), especially since they don't know exactly what you are thinking. It would seem unfair to snap at them like I do.

when Doom 3 comes out, people will be coming here, strut themselves around as if they own the fucking place, and not even care if they make up names or get the lingo right.

...oh, i can hardly wait. i think that will the perfect time to form the newbie death squad.

ROFL, that guy needs a visitation from Sgt. Nuzzle alright...

how about a link, elbryan?

Mind you, I could let him off for making me piss myself with laughter. The 'jugernaught'..

/me reads again...

/dies laughing.

It's on GameFAQs... I caught it this morning before the board went down for maintenance. It died just as I was about to ring this idiot out to dry. The maintenance should be done by the end of today. The rest of the post is quite funny. He's talking about if he made an enemy for Doom what it would be like. It's obvious that I'm the only one there (I've posted once on that board) that has even heard of Doomworld.

But when Doom 3 comes out, people will be coming here, strut themselves around as if they own the fucking place, and not even care if they make up names or get the lingo right. Just watch. Someone WILL call the Cyberdemon the Minotaur. Someone WILL call the Revenant a Skeleton. It pisses me off.

Solution: make the Doomworld Fourms private from this point on. Anyone who has not reached member status by now is hereby kicked off. :)

Ah, I don't know...it'll be tough for Ling to deal with that...but it'll be fun for we No-Lifers and up to flame these newbies to post hell :D

Soution: make the Doomworld Forums private from this point on.Anyone who has not reached member status by now is hereby kicked off.:)

Whoa!Let me get some more posts in quick!
But seriously ya gotta laugh.Raven,Juggernaut,the mind boggles!Maybe there should be a basic 3 questions on registration e.g. Is there a monster called the 'Raven' in Doom2? Or what's the correct name for the skeleton monster?At least it would mean they would have to engage their brain for a minute or two.
Lol...

Whoa!Let me get some more posts in quick!
But seriously ya gotta laugh.Raven,Juggernaut,the mind boggles!Maybe there should be a basic 3 questions on registration e.g. Is there a monster called the 'Raven' in Doom2? Or what's the correct name for the skeleton monster?At least it would mean they would have to engage their brain for a minute or two.
Lol...

Then, when they don't pass it, they get a screen that says:
YOU FAIL IT(tm)
And it redirects them to Newdoom.

There could alternatively be a preschool forum, which the newbies are restricted to. If a newbie demonstrates enough intelligence in there, he becomes a real member with access to the mature forums.

There was a bit of talk where we could set up a goatse theme for the doomworld redesign, and people that really piss us off would be redirected to a script that sets their preferred design to the goatse theme.

I don't think this'll get anywhere, however, not the least reason why being that I frankly can't be arsed to look at the goatse long enough to work up a theme file for it.

It was annoying just trying to read them. Some call the Morning Star (your stronger whip) thorns. WTF? Hahaha Dracula, I'll hit you with these throns! They'll scratch and stuff.

Wow. A doom related rant, for once.

Actually, one on the castlevania games had a THORN whip. Really, no lie. But it wasn't the strongest one in the game. Maybe they were referring to that. For some reason.

Actually, one on the castlevania games had a THORN whip. Really, no lie. But it wasn't the strongest one in the game. Maybe they were referring to that. For some reason.

I know there's a thorn whip. Castlevania 2. However, ever since Castlevania 1 the item has always been called a Morning Star. Even in the manual. Besides, it looks nothing like thorns.

It's a thorny ball on a metal chain whip. Hence thorn whip.

But they really mean morning star.

Sounds like somebody didn't do a good job of translation on that game.