Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

How can I disable the weapons so that you appear unarmed (like in Half-life)

Is there some way I can disable all weapons so that I only have the crosshair but no weapons (the fists count as weapons) on screen? I want to know because I want to record a video of my level from a first person perspective but I don't want the weapons to get in my way.

In ZDoom: type r_drawplayersprite 0 in the console.

In any port: replace all weapon graphics by 1x1 sprites that are "offsetted" out of the screen.

Gez said:

In any port: replace all weapon graphics by 1x1 sprites that are "offsetted" out of the screen.

Or you could just make them entirely transparent!

Don't you need to have at least one pixel?

Gez said:

In ZDoom: type r_drawplayersprite 0 in the console.

I entered that into the console both in Skulltag and in Zdoom and nothing happened. The console just says unknown command "type"

Kagemaru_H said:

Omit "type" and there you go.

Nope. The console still just says "unknown command".

Is this console command limited to the latest version of Zdoom? I am currently using a old version and Skulltag while begin the latest version of it doesn't accept the command.

Are you trying to start out a wad you are making like this? If so the command line would not work for someone else playing your wad. I worked on something like this a while back, but just rebuilt my comp so I'd have to find the file in my archive to let you know how I did it.