Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

Nerd questions for women

If you approached 100 women during the day to ask how they felt about nerds and nerd-related topics, what questions would you ask? I'm talking about questions that would be asked as part of a survey. What if someone else was asking the questions for you? I'll explain the premise later. I'm sure someone can think of something entertaining to ask a girl.

As a girl myself, I think the easiest question to ask is; How much, on a scale of 1 to 10, do they know about computers. That would apply to a wide range of females with mixed experience, rather than something that only some might understand (IE: as one what was the first program they booted in DOS, and while some older ones may understand, half the current generation would go "lolwut?" Ask them how many hours a day they spend "gaming", and the younger ones would probably give favorable answers over the more aged.) This is of course if you don't have a specific age range you're asking.

"Mention top five activities that make a person a nerd"
"How much time/effort does a person need to spend on a nerd activity to become a nerd"
"Is 'nerdship' always bad? If so, can 'nerdship' be redeemed with other personal qualities"

Technician said:

You have the most manly sounding voice, eargosedown.

Why does that sound like a disturbing pick-up line? :(

Technician said:

You have the most manly sounding voice, eargosedown.

eargosedown said:

Elevated testosterone untreated for five years... don't remind me = /

...which proves there are no chixz0rz on t3h 1nrt3rn3ts, amirite?

Like there are no chixz0rz in engineering either: by the time they get their degree, they ain't no chixz0rz no more, dawg.

eargosedown said:

Elevated testosterone untreated for five years... don't remind me = /

I know a guy with that problem - he's possibly the most arrogant asshole I have ever known. I'd prefer a girl with just a bit of arrogant asshole :)

Anyway, I would ask this: Do you try to hide your nerd-dom from girls and your girl-dom from nerds?

Some do, some dont

magicsofa said:

Do you try to hide your nerd-dom from girls and your girl-dom from nerds?

Well, when talking to people in general, I avoid having a pedantic, geeky view on things. It really only works on machines, not people.

No, not even nerd girls would date your geek ass. ;)

Also, some random links anyone may feel free to look at or ignore. Doesn't matter to me, they're there for those who care.

nomarriage.com
happierabroad.com
menarebetterthanwomen.com
dumpyourwifenow.com
thenononsenseman.com
blowmeuptom.com + tenetsofleykis.com
mgtow.net
the-niceguy.com + forums
manhood101.com

@BrokeAndDrive:

you forgot artofmanliness.com

BilboHicks said:

nomarriage.com is comedy gold, especially the pic of the albanian :P

edit:, oh yep, found it: http://www.nomarriage.com/albanian.jpg

There's actually a lot of wisdom in that picture: it reminded me of when the national TV went to do a documentary about the life of the Pomacks living in our norther mountains, and the -female- reporter stumbled upon a pater-familia leading his family. The man was riding their only donkey, while his children and wife were carrying heavy stuff like firewood and potato bags.

When asked by the overly feminist reporter how come the strong and bold man made his wife do all the heavy work, he abruptly replied that "This -makes penis sign with whole forearm- needs to be well-rested in order to do its job, while this -makes slit sign with his finger- does not".

Maes said:

@BrokeAndDrive:

you forgot artofmanliness.com

There's actually a lot of wisdom in that picture: it reminded me of when the national TV went to do a documentary about the life of the Pomacks living in our norther mountains, and the -female- reporter stumbled upon a pater-familia leading his family. The man was riding their only donkey, while his children and wife were carrying heavy stuff like firewood and potato bags.

When asked by the overly feminist reporter how come the strong and bold man made his wife do all the heavy work, he abruptly replied that "This -makes penis sign with whole forearm- needs to be well-rested in order to do its job, while this -makes slit sign with his finger- does not".

LMAO.

AndrewB said:

If you approached 100 women during the day ...

...then statistically speaking I'd be busy for the next few days/weeks slotting in dates and meetings with at least 3-4 of them. And I'd not speak about nerdy stuff then, dawg.

Maes will be totally telling them all about how Doom rules and Quake sucks. And the girls have heard of neither. ;-)

chungy said:

Maes will be totally telling them all about how Doom rules and Quake sucks. And the girls have heard of neither. ;-)

Actually I know better than talking about videogames with women of my age group +/- 5 years, unless -and that's a very big unless- they explicitly mention playing a specific title (not even if they generically say they have e.g. a Wii), and even then I'd stick to that title or stay silent about the whole matter altogether.

Like it or not, we're a little backwards in certain matters in my little corner of the world and so women that like videogames aren't very common around here, at least if we consider my generation, but from the accounts of other people on DW it must be quite different in the USA or elsewhere.