Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Karnizero

Berlin 1940 Weaps. Preview (Dload Pg.1)

I'm doing a project for EDGE Engine. I have been developing it for some months, and since I have little time for Doom, I will be releasing a Weapons Preview.

All you need is to Download the package, copy the Doom 2 IWAD, and play the MOD (Drag & Drop the PWAD into EDGE.exe).
No need to download another copy of EDGE. Everything is included.

Screenshots:

(Animated GIFs)

Downloads and Details: http://edge.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4658#4658

Enjoy!

Karnizero said:

I'm doing a project for EDGE Engine. (...)
(...) and since I have little time for Doom (...)

Are you sure this project will ever be ceompleted? Given that last sentence, my bet is that it won't.
Also, i'd call this for what it is: a Blood-Doom mash-up.

maggot202 said:

Are you sure this project will ever be ceompleted? Given that last sentence, my bet is that it won't.
Also, i'd call this for what it is: a Blood-Doom mash-up.

I will complete it, and continue doing it is my spare time.
I only need to do now the hardest part: mapping. The monsters, weapons and so on, is finished.

In the other hand, the only blood-related are the weapons. I'm using different weapons, monsters and textures, same as custom maps.

Maybe I'm wrong historically, but this could become a Wolfenstein-Doom enthusiast's resource :P

Krispavera said:

Blood took place in 1928. Since when did they kill people with voodoo dolls in Berlin, 1940?

Since when did they kill people with voodoo dolls -ever-?

Ralphis said:

Since when did they kill people with voodoo dolls -ever-?

I've actually done it a few times myself.

Karnizero said:

I will complete it, and continue doing it is my spare time.
I only need to do now the hardest part: mapping. The monsters, weapons and so on, is finished.

In the other hand, the only blood-related are the weapons. I'm using different weapons, monsters and textures, same as custom maps.

Well, good luck to you then, partner. I'm only thinking about my own experience, where i began a gzdoom project more than a year ago. It was supposed to have just 10 maps, and given that i had little time for doom, this project is still sitting on my hard drive, waiting to be completed (most likely, it won't).

Seeing as i'm a fellow EDGE modder, this caught my eye. But please, upload to a diffrent file sharing site, it keeps telling me that i should try again later.

If there continue to be problems with your uploading services, try registering an account at http://files.drdteam.org and putting it there. I know it sounds like I'm just spamming about the service, but this is the sort of thing it exists for.

I noticed you developed it for a slightly older version of EDGE, you do know that there is a version 1.34 now, right?

WildWeasel said:

If there continue to be problems with your uploading services, try registering an account at http://files.drdteam.org and putting it there. I know it sounds like I'm just spamming about the service, but this is the sort of thing it exists for.

Yes, I already know that "doomers hosting service". I think with XTHOST shouldn't be any trouble. In such case, I will use DRD Team Hosting Service.
And no, I don't consider spam since you are only trying to help someone, not really spamming.

Anyway, thanks for your tip. :-)

CeeJay said:

I noticed you developed it for a slightly older version of EDGE, you do know that there is a version 1.34 now, right?

This MOD is designed exactly for this version due to the HUD.
You can't run it in lower versions and see the HUD correct. It uses the new COAL Language instead of LUA Scripts.

If you refer to other MODs I did before this one, that's because I started them when the 1.34 was not even out or announced, and then I was lazy to check compatibilities. But most of them should be 100% compatible. I didn't test them, but I think so.

[EDIT]

@CeeJay: I forgot: I have been using EDGE 1.34 since it was released. And will continue using it until a higher version. Right now, I will specify in future releases in any project, what EDGE Version will be necessary.