Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. T

Map04 music

The composer for Doom re-used one of his Wolfenstein tracks for Map04. I changed the Doom II music page on the Doom wiki to reflect that, but it got reverted, so I guess this isn't as common knowledge as I thought.

The Wolfenstein version sounds like shite (adlib) but has a neat ending that was taken out of the Doom one, probably because it would sound out of place.

Does anyone have a link to this?

Gez said:

Wouldn't have been reverted if you had said from which Wolf 3D level it came...

Sure...

Assholery aside, that link wasn't really helpful. Something along the lines of an mp3 or youtube link would be appreciated, so everyone can have a listen. I will have a look but its kind of painful doing it from my phone.

/edit: This isn't the track on it's own... but you get the idea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9e7Bn_n4h8&feature=youtube_gdata

Just saying that an unsourced, anonymous assertion is naturally met with skepticism.

I wouldn't be surprised if map04 was a remake of the wolf song, but it's not exactly the same. The structure is the same (that structure is common in doom songs) but it's still different.

printz said:

You're wrong if you think that TC plays the same as the real game. It's only a fun project, not a replacement or port.

Because everyone knows you can't circle-strafe in Wolf3d without ninja alt-skillz.

I think it's the same, much in the same way Map01's music is based off "Hangar 18"... etc

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Okay no, everything you are saying is making zero sense.

Like Ralphis said, it's a blues progression. It's everywhere. That doesn't mean it's the same song.

printz said:

You're wrong if you think that TC plays the same as the real game.

Was I talking about playing the game? No, I was talking about playing the music. "Data". All the wolf data is there, so you can just extract the soundtrack from the music folder and check each song.

I believe I saw you make some more bias in the past on the afadoomer tc, so I've just made my point here, probably while being on a tangent, if hopefully totally wrong. Good point yours here, and that tc is a good candidate for Viewtiful-Chris's questioning thread.

Mr. T said:

I think it's the same, much in the same way Map01's music is based off "Hangar 18"... etc

I think Chimpanzees are monkeys but that doesn't make it right

I just listened to Hangar 18 and the first part in that song is basically the same as MAP01 (it's a pretty common riff anyway), but the MAP04 song isn't basically the same as the Wolf song. They have similar things about them, but nothing is the same.