Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geonightman

Ghostbusters Doom: Looking for Mappers and Decorate Programmers.

Im working on some monsters,right now im trying to make a ghost nazi by replacing the head with a skeleton one,instead of bullets he'll shoot slime

I just had a great idea. I think the game should have mini-games. Like maybe at the HQ or in between movie 1 and movie 2. This would be give the player upgrades or unique weapons or resistances. It could be something like "What shape is this?" "Slime the right ghost." things like that. Tell me what you think guys.

@trooper
I like, but where would we use a ghost Nazi?

@CeeJay:
Somthing's wrong with GHOSTS. When I start it up (Using latest form of edge) The Glasses are constantly toggleing on and off by themselves

Here you guys go. I illegally downloaded some music for some of the scary movies. Some of which i think we can use.

removed by mod

Geonightman said:

Here you guys go. I illegally downloaded some music for some of the scary movies. Some of which i think we can use.

FRIDAY THE 13th THEME
[url nuked]

GHOSTBUSTERS
[url nuked]

HALLOWEEN (REMAKE VERSION)
[url nuked]

NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
[url nuked]

This sure is a post, alright

Geonightman said:

rofl

Well I really am not that good at anything... I don't know how to programmer but I am decent at mapping. If you like I could upload a single level WAD I made in my spare time. Nothing Huge, Just did it because I was bored. No new textures or anything just a thing I made back when DB 1 was out.

@MODS:
Sorry guys, I'm new to DOOMWORLD. I didn't know I couldn't post those kinds of links and I just forgot I could edit previous posts.

EDIT:
Here is a link to a WAD I made about 2 years ago when I first learned how to make levels. It's not much and its just a joke wad really.

http://rapidshare.com/files/363082386/Colors.wad.html

Geonightman said:

I just had a great idea. I think the game should have mini-games. Like maybe at the HQ or in between movie 1 and movie 2. This would be give the player upgrades or unique weapons or resistances. It could be something like "What shape is this?" "Slime the right ghost." things like that. Tell me what you think guys.

First off, who is the leader of this project? We have to establish that sort of thing. As for this idea, yeah, sounds great (Arcade machines at the HQ the player can use to play mini-games) but i think we should first stick to actually following the design document and once the project is up and running then we should consider such things, because that can be added in basically at any time. Let's not forget, at the moment the project is just an idea so let's just go with what we have to get it passed the idea stage.

Geonightman said:

@CeeJay:
Somthing's wrong with GHOSTS. When I start it up (Using latest form of edge) The Glasses are constantly toggleing on and off by themselves

That's funny. Check the controls menu and make sure the Action 1 button is assigned to a key.

Geonightman said:

"you illegally downloaded..." the cops are gonna bust ya, 'cos busting makes you feel good. Anyways, no i think we stick to using slightly more original music. Instrumental, creepy atmospheric kind of music.

trooper077 said:

Ok so im gonna go ahead and put this on the zdoom forum and see what happens

Yeah, try and spark some interest over there to get people to join.

Goofy-spooky instrumentals-lizardcomandos gool forrest 3 is a perfect example

Plus thats a great question,who is leading this thing?

@CeeJay:
I'm not sure what the rest of you thought but I kind of thought that I was the leader. I really only thought this because I was a Mapper and I was the one who sparked the interest about this whole project. However I'm really only a rookie mapper and that's about it. If you all don't think I am/should be the leader, we should pick the leader.

About GHOSTS:
Nope...I can't find ACTION 1 in the options anywhere.

Geonightman said:

@CeeJay:
I'm not sure what the rest of you thought but I kind of thought that I was the leader. I really only thought this because I was a Mapper and I was the one who sparked the interest about this whole project. However I'm really only a rookie mapper and that's about it. If you all don't think I am/should be the leader, we should pick the leader.

Makes no never mind to me how is the boss. But however is in charge should be very commited and be able to handle it. You have to make decisions and constantly push forward to see that the project gets finished, make sure that everybody involved in the project actually delivers. You would more or less also be in charge of marketing (spreading news) and looking for support and help. Do you have any experience in making webpages?

Geonightman said:

About GHOSTS:
Nope...I can't find ACTION 1 in the options anywhere.

Then you are NOT using EDGE 1.34, go to edge.sourceforge.net and download that version. Another problem is that you might have several versions of EDGE all mangled together in the same directory, some of them use diffrent names for the exe file, 1.34 uses EDGE134.EXE. Make sure you actually have EDGE 1.34 and run GHOSTS.WAD with EDGE134.EXE. If it still does not work, then i have no idea just what the hell is going on.

Two things

A.If your looking for someone to constantly push this project it should be ceejay or me

B.Geonightman,Change the thread to ghostbusters doom,Mappers and decorate programmers needed

trooper077 said:

Two things

A.If your looking for someone to constantly push this project it should be ceejay or me

B.Geonightman,Change the thread to ghostbusters doom,Mappers and decorate programmers needed

Hmmm... Perhaps we could all three be in charge provided that we all agree on a final deisgn document? Aslong as we have a design document, that we agree upon and follow, it could work. We could all three find people to join, spread news, find resources and ideas, etc.

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention an old thread i posted awhile ago:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/45482-ghostbusters-anyone-update/

Geonightman said:

I like it. It's interesting. Maybe add some slime seeping out or something to distinguish it is Slimer.

I meant to interpete it as something to use other than slimer,I know he was a key character in the movies,but I don't like having him as a fifth selection

Oh, OK, I see, I thought you meant Slimer in a GB suit. I don't know why he would be in a a suit. I do think however it would be useful to use this sprite as the "Generic Ghostbuster" that Cee keeps talking about.

I'm afraid I cannot contribute, not being familiar with EDGE, nor having any desire to be such.