Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geonightman

Ghostbusters Doom: Looking for Mappers and Decorate Programmers.

Ok good. I like ZDOOM Better than EDGE. If only we had some way to port it to all like THAT. Then this would really boom. Patrick you back on board? Were using ZDOOM

trooper077 said:

An alternative over slimer?

I like it, perhaps we could call it Marine Buster. Anyhow, did you base the body of the Ghostbusters player sprites Steve did for the original TC? He did all the Ghostbusters and they are pretty good but we should try to edit out the blood when they die.

trooper077 said:

Or we could turn it green to bring out the effect of "He slimed me"

Good idea, but simply recoloring the blood green would look wrong. It would just look like green blood spewing out from their bodies. In Chex Quest, the player gets covered in green slime, perhaps you could look into that.

I had a look at Steve's Ghostbusters TC site and realized that the skins are no longer up for download, so i took the liberty of re-uploading them (i had them lying around).

http://www.multiupload.com/5OAV6BWOGI

Louis Tully would still need to be made. He should be shorter than the others.

@Cee:
Cee, can you think of anything I could do to help the project, I know I've mentioned this several times, but I'm not good at programming and my mapping is amateur at best. I really do want to be a big part of the project however I all I can think to do would be to play test, bug check, or be ideas for the project, but we can't do any of those until the project takes shape. Please help me think of anything I can do to help with the project.

Geonightman said:

@Cee:
Cee, can you think of anything I could do to help the project, I know I've mentioned this several times, but I'm not good at programming and my mapping is amateur at best. I really do want to be a big part of the project however I all I can think to do would be to play test, bug check, or be ideas for the project, but we can't do any of those until the project takes shape. Please help me think of anything I can do to help with the project.

Perhaps you could try and improve your mapping skills, just take it slow and easy. First thing would be to just do the actual structure and layout. Textures, items, enemies and effects can be added in later.

Geonightman said:

Ok, I'll try that. Somthing simple...maybe the HQ?

There you go, just start from there. Easiest thing would be to write out a map of kinds of how the HQ appears to be structured from the films, all the rooms and such and work from there.

Then when you feel confident enough you can use the original Ghostbusters TC textures and flats to add in. But you need not to worry about that now though.

I think you guys should totally make a scenario where the mod hits a trainwreck and you have to kill the 'ghoasts' that are terrorizing Scuba.

Here are 2 Alternatives. Tell which you like better:

(Click to enlarge)

(Click to enlarge)

Note: The walls around the Door are temporary obviously, currently I am just focusing on the door.

Keyblade Master said:

I would vote for the second one near the bottom, but the brownish part needs a bit more texturing to be appealing.

I Agree,so far, so good!

Keyblade how are your mapping skillzzzzz?

@trooper077:I'm not interested in joining this project. but thanks for the offer. Besides, No one seems to appreciate any of my modding efforts including my more recent ones.

Looks like the Jackholes at zdoom locked the thread so until we have some screens,we can't post there,Its kinda all up to you now geonight,im working on art still but not much over the weekdays

Three-skull,Three brothers that were bond together when they died

What im planning for this monster,

When the monster is weakened enough with the proton pack,it will seperateand run everywhere out of confusion,meaning it can go anywhere in the level that the player can,it can interupt important fights and get in the way of a proton pack blast.Strongly recomended for the segwick hotel

I like the basic idea of the flamming ghost skulls but perhaps you could do something to make the flames look less like the flames from the torches in Doom (a more original look). Maybe also add a torso of kinds, sorta just like a blob with arms. How about using other stuff to base the new stuff on, i think it would be better to base the new enemies and sprites off the resources from Ghostbusters TC by Steve if you are not able to drawn from scratch.

You are getting there.

I think i have an idea.

How about making a sheet containing numerous simple ilustrations of ideas for ghosts. And then we all look at it, decide what could be used and so forth.

Mr. Freeze said:

I'd be interested in mapping.

Your in,what map would you like to do?

Also I like your idea ceejay,I'll see what I can work up today

From left to right.

New model for the gatekeeper,Make the ears sharper and turn it grey and it'll work,problem is,what can change the pallette quicker than going through every single pixcel

Three skull,Chucked him in there for good measures

A more confederate looking ghost

A new pallette for slimer

trooper077 said:

Your in,what map would you like to do?

Also I like your idea ceejay,I'll see what I can work up today

What maps need to be done? Also, what texture pack(s) will be utilized?

We need the libary done,also any texture pack that you think would fit,but nothing involving gore or any type of hell texture.

@trooper077:
Same here about the weekdays. I can't let my High School work slip. I will try to work when I can on it but if I haven't given you an update on what I'm working on, it's most likely because of school.

Regarding the art:
Civil War Ghost: 10/10 (Perfect)
3 Skulls: 7/10 (Do what Cee said and change the fire. I love the idea for them and the idea to use it at Sedgewick.)
Gate Keeper: 6/10 (In my opinion it is too big, and the face is too snarly. In my opinion it does not look like the gate keeper from the movie.
Slimer: 8/10 (Too bright in my opinion and his eyes aren't defined enough and the mouth just looks awkward)

Mr. Freeze said:

I'd be interested in mapping.

We need all the help we can get, do you have experience mapping for ZDoom?

As for textures, you should be using the original Ghostbusters TC textures as a base and just add in any textures you need as you go along. Have you picked up the design document? It describes all the levels and some things associated with them. Just don't forget to communicate with Geonightman as he is also doing maps and is in charge of that department, you can divide it up between you two who does what.

Welcome onboard!

trooper077 said:

From left to right.

New model for the gatekeeper,Make the ears sharper and turn it grey and it'll work,problem is,what can change the pallette quicker than going through every single pixcel

Three skull,Chucked him in there for good measures

A more confederate looking ghost

A new pallette for slimer

About the art, the Gatekepper would need a lot more work to make it look like they do in the movie, for one they have long horns and bright red eyes and are grey. I would recomend editing the one Steve did to feature more detail, muscles and stuff. I did not mean for you to spit out a sheet like that over night, spend some time to come up with various ideas for new ghosts and then make a rough drawing or image of it on a sheet and then post them as you go along. Has the other guy, cannot remeber his name, made anything yet? Does he seem motivated?

P.S. Slimer would need to be re-drawn in my opinion. The one Steve did was somewhat photo-captured, too dark and did not really look much like he does in the films. And Slimer is a very essintial ghost in the franchise.