Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geonightman

Ghostbusters Doom: Looking for Mappers and Decorate Programmers.

I think that shouldn't be a problem at all @geonightman, just send me a blank texture to write it on and i'll go from there

@trooper: Um...problem really....I don't actually how to do that...The only think I know about MAKING things for doom is levles. Thats it

Despite my lack of visible activity lately, i have not given up on the project. I recently switched to a new computer and still haven't set everything up yet. My old computer was very unreliable, crashing all the time. As soon i have something, i will post it.

I've managed to get a lot done. In fact I am possibly finished with Janine's desk.

Here we have the computer screen. Yes it is pointed away from where she is. It's that way in the movie too. I'm not too sure if I like it that much. Please give me your feedback

(Click to enlarge)

I also did the 3 file cabinets behind her desk. Yes I know they are 3x3 (3x4?) in the movie but that is how big the texture is done in game.

(Click to enlarge)

Here is both the coffee cup (with coffee inside) and the pencil holder (with a pencil inside of it). I don't particularly like the pencil as I think it looks like a 3 year old's work, but I left it in to be cannon with the movie.

(Click to enlarge)

Easter Egg: I just felt we should have the desk be a bit more interactive so I made it so you can push down the "spacebar". I also wanted to make the coffee "drinkable" but it wouldn't work for some reason.

(Click to enlarge)

I say I'm possibly done with her desk because their is still the matter of the phone. It would be difficult to do in the level, so I was thinking we make it a "thing". If we can't make it a "thing" I will do my best to put it on the table in the level.

I understand. I have been busy with schoolwork myself.

EDIT: Idea, should we have at the very start the player pick up the "ECTO GOGGLES" that Cee wants, their sprite should be Ray's goggles as seen in the movie at the Sedgwick Hotel. This sprite should be easy to make by just modding the N.V.G.'s from Duke Nukem 3D

DOUBLE EDIT: I couldn't help myself, I had to make this. It's Ed Spengler, Egon Spengler's nephew in Freddy Vs. Ghostbusters. Ed is even referenced in the 2009 Ghostbusters video game. I think this could be a possible skin.

(Click to enlarge and remove black background)

I used this picture as a base (Ed is the one on the left)

(Click to enlarge)

i would like to join, there's a alot to read here in this thread and i dont know if you have a full team, but i would like to make some level work that you guys can correct to your project, i think you use ZDoom engine right? i use doombuilder1. I study aswell, so sometimes i start painting alot of stuff so i thougth i could make a level or two that u guys could use.

PM me if you're intrested, or , atleast, tell me what you think.

For Great Justice.

D_GARG said:

i would like to join, there's a alot to read here in this thread and i dont know if you have a full team, but i would like to make some level work that you guys can correct to your project, i think you use ZDoom engine right? i use doombuilder1. I study aswell, so sometimes i start painting alot of stuff so i thougth i could make a level or two that u guys could use.

PM me if you're intrested, or , atleast, tell me what you think.

For Great Justice.

Well, there are three of us dust far. If it's levels you interested in, just contact Geonightman and he'll set you up. Ask for the Design Document as i do not have it on this computer. We need all the help we can get!

COOL :D

Im In To It, Supporting You Guys With Map Structures!

just gotta find some space in the school laburint!

I'm not sure. I looks pretty much the same as the Egon skin, would probably need a lot more changes made to the face to distinguish it from the others.

Idea @trooper: You know how you had the blue Civil War ghost first then you had the gray one, well how bout we keep both. In the Civil War we used both blue and Grey so what we could do is make us the ghost busters travel across an old haunted war zone. Half of the map could be the confederate's base, half could be the union's base.

Aside from one of the idea's of making it puzzle oriented. Is it possible, that you can use the PKE Meter or some other tool to detect invisible ghost?

It would be interesting to have to find something that doesn't appear to be visible (or can't trap it until detected, and it wont reveal itself even by running into it, also giving some more thought into level and sprite placement randomization), and have it reveal itself once within close proximity of using the ghost detection tools?

Plus, status effects, say if you got slimed, would you be still walking at the same normal speed or be slown down? It would be logical to make it to where if you get slimed too much, you either suffocate and die, or just get to a really slow walking speed with a small FOV slime overlay due to being covered in slime...

I don't have any modding skills, and, sorry if I intruded. It's been a long time since I seen Ghost Busters Themed Wads back on the scene here!

Well, that's all I can think of now for additional feature suggestions...

(I might have pitched in my 2 cents too-late.)

Sorry for my inactivity. My computer broke recently and i had to send it to the shop but its working now. I can return ot working on the map.

I've started to come to mappers block.I need inspiration or motivation. But I will NOT give up on this project especially since i started it up again! Here is some screenies to show I'm not out yet. Tell what you think.

I turned the computer around so it looks better. So what if it's backwards in the movie.

(Click to enlarge)

Here is the file cabinet to the right of the secretaries desk.

(Click to enlarge)

Finally, here is the random pipe next to said cabinet. It was green in the movie but i don't know how to recolor textures.

(Click to enlarge)

Please guys. I need some help thinking of what to do next. Currently the area behind Janine's desk is to complicated (I will get to it, don't worry.) I also don't want to start upstairs until I am done with downstairs.

damnit i have not seen the movie yet. so far i have made a map were you start in some pipe control room or something, later on you get into hotel envoriment or something like that. youre more or less forced to go outside the building beacuse were you start there is nothing more to find at all. the entire stuff is city envoriment. so far.

Hey where is everyone? All I've heard from is D_GARG. Speaking of which, Garg, send me the wad so far over Rapidshare. The sooner I see your flaws, the sooner we can fix them and the sooner your a published mapper.

If anyone still visits this thread, sorry to say, but I have some bad news. My comp just took a dump on me and I lost all my works in progress, my videos, my flash documents, and unfortunately, my WAD files. I no longer have the map I worked on. Sorry guys.

I don't know exactly. Unless we here from the rest of the team, we won't be able to do anything and this is effectively dead. Sorry to break your hopes D_GARG. But we cant make a full wad with two 1994 Mappers...

ok, its no direct problem but, damn its boring that this just happend :(

I am making my own little maps which i think there will be use of, none of them are yet uploaded, on these forums there's a guy who wanna gather mappers and make a 4 episode wad for DOOM ( no DOOM2 t think ) and Im wanna make a map for him, maybe you could come along Geonightman?

I would be honored. It's my dream to be immortalized in the Doom community. It was my first FPS, first computer game, and I still remember when I was 5 and my Grandpa told me "idkfa". Tell him though my only problem is I am AMAZING with detail, but I need both textures and an idea for my map. If I can get those two things it won't be any problem.

Geonightman said:

I would be honored. It's my dream to be immortalized in the Doom community. It was my first FPS, first computer game, and I still remember when I was 5 and my Grandpa told me "idkfa". Tell him though my only problem is I am AMAZING with detail, but I need both textures and an idea for my map. If I can get those two things it won't be any problem.

yea when i was 5-6 i had DOOM too, it was freakin amazing to finish a game, and i didnt expect to finish DOOM first of the few games I had back then. the only thing i had was keyboard, doom95 and doom1.wad.

any one who had this game back the early days want to be known for a great map or two.