Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Alai

Wolfenstein 3D

I didn't get a chance to play wolf3d first time it came out. I played doom and had a blast, then quake, and so on and so on. I recently decided to give wolf3d a go and it's surprisingly good! Its simplicity and great play balance makes it very addictive(just like doom).

Is there a website for wolf3d like doomworld for doom?

have you played WolfenDOOM? It's a must for anyone who likes Wolfenstein in a Doom engine...

Yes, wolfenstien rules. It's great there's still a community for it making addons. I might decide to do one someday.

After you finish your Heretic project, right?

^_^ -_- =) *_* 8) :p :/ <):) /._.\

Edit: Heh, I should probably add that to my signature.

The only thing that really bothers me about Wolfenstein 3D is the walls...the endless, bricked walls...

Other than that? Damn awesome, as far as fun factor is concerned...

Wolfenstein gets too boring. They have maybe 20 textures to work with, and they repeat them over and over. Adding to that the fact that there are only 5 types of basic enemies, and it gets pretty boring.

But its still fucking awsome just for the fact that you get to kill nazis! SLAUGHTER TIME ^_^

Weird that they never put any missile weapon for the player in Wolfenstein 3D (there were enemies firing missiles).

There's a rocket launcher and a flame thrower in EVERY version of Wolfenstein 3-D EXCEPT for the PC. SNES, Jaguar, 3DO, and Mac all have the better version of Wolfenstein 3-D, called Wolfenstein 3-D: Second Encounter. It had the best levels (and a few exclusives) from the PC version, 3 bosses from Wolfenstein 3-D and 3 bosses from Spear of Destiny. They also have the Rocket Launcher, Flame Thrower, and Backpacks. As well as the ammo boxes from Spear of Destiny. Oh, and not to mention hi-res graphics (except for the SNES).

have you played WolfenDOOM? It's a must for anyone who likes Wolfenstein in a Doom engine...

Tried it. It's very well done, but the submachinegun is basically a semi-automatic shotgun, making it unbalanced as Hell (it's more powerful than the chaingun)

Oh, and the best, most improved version of Wolfenstein is RtCW imo.

Well, the "nostalgic pleasure" when playing Wolf3d is enormous. I don't play Wolf3d that often, but I DO play it on occasion just for the nostalgia - I love the nostalgia!

Me too. I occasionally fire up nes emulator and play super mario brothers.

Well, we're all different, thankfully.