Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inhuman Strain

Doomworld Metal Thread (surely Doomers enjoy metal)

An awesome combination between Hellhammer and Discharge, with cool sleazy and pissed off lyrics!!! Done by Spanish maniacs.... really enjoy the energy behind this band, and the riffing is perfection at it's best as well.

DeathevokatioN said:

Well, I also contributed to issue #1 of ASTRAL CORPSE, conducted 2 interviews (with LANTERN, and FORCE OF DARKNESS), and wrote a couple of reviews... it was pretty fun, but recently I kinda lost contact with the guy that ran it... hopefully he's still at it though. If I had extra copies I would have sent you one, but unfortunately I don't... Hells Headbangers has a few copies though. As far as interviews go, it's a good zine... but it's downfall IMO is that there weren't enough reviews. But then again I enjoy reading some zines that don't have any reviews and focus purely on interviews! :)
[...]
Hail Satan!

Hailz!

Astral Corpse, what a cool name :P
I havent read that many zines the last few years (unfortunately), but Ive been in contact with Putrefactive Effect, Deadly Illness and Bloody Vengeance, all pretty cool magz!

I like how much idealism and real passion there is in the underground scene, even to this day. People still buy demo cassettes etc, even though you could just grab it from the inet in mere seconds.

I have to admit I dont buy much stuff anymore, but once in a while I just HAVE to have something. Only vinyl though, I fucking hate CDs, and tapes are cool, but I dont buy them usually. I trade them to me or get them for free :P

All the bands you listed are cool! My fav among them is Graveless! The only one I had not heard was the french one. Damn, sooooo many good bands around these days so Im starting to worry, if you know what I mean :P Well, not yet, but I`ve recognized a trend for years now, especially in Sweden. Anyway, cant complain as long as it fucking rocks???

Hailz!

Attended several rock concerts late '70s/early 80's and this tour was one of them. These guys rocked.

"Judas Priest - Heading Out..."
This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:

•Viacom International Inc
•SME
•Viacom International Inc
Sorry about that.

Ah, some good old Priest! I grew up on these guys. My dad recommended me to check them out when he discovered that I`d been sneak listening to his Dio LP :P I was 6 y.o. at the time. Ah, the memories.

And nobody's put up Dio here. I 'Loser' all of ya. ;p Told a little story about attending this tour in the "Dio" thread.

EDIT: removed link

darkreaver said:

Hailz!

Hailz!

Hailz!

Heh, I also recognized a trend in Sweden, but the music does kill so nothing to complain about... a few newer bands are duds though, but mostly in the form of American bands trying to imitate Swedish death metal, it's easy to ignore them and focus on fuckers like TribulatioN, Morbus Chron, and RepugnanT who's music destroys!

And yeah, vinyls kick ass, they sound better than cds as well as coming with a nice big massive artwork, I just ordered ASPHYX - "The Rack" on blue vinyl off Ibex Moon. Can't wait to get it.

After my next Hells Headbangers order though I'm also getting to the stage where I won't buy much either because I simply can't afford to buy every single album I enjoy at once, for every album I can afford, I find atleast 5 great albums that I want. haha

Do you have myspace btw?

Hailz!

Nice to see some Judas Priest appreciation! One of my favorite songs of all time! :)

bytor said:

And nobody's put up Dio here. I 'Loser' all of ya. ;p Told a little story about attending this tour in the "Dio" thread.

*Gladly accepts getting losered* :p

Anyway, here's a nice one from Rainbow.

Rest in Piece brother.

I'm still pissed about that crappy church that is planning to picket his funeral.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140446

I`m really into discovering old bands, which only gave out a demo or two in the 80`s/early 90`s. Maybe an long forgotten album also hehe

Three of the more "known" bands for "everybodys" pleasure :P

also: I have a mysapce: myspace.com/fearofnapalm

Now mind you I'm posting bands that go back to the era that the term "Metal" was coined. I feel like i gotta offer an appologetic because of the MUCH newer stuff here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_music#History
Interesting to me is that )))>just like MY parents used to say<((( it all sounds like the same "noise" to me now. (((shrug))) I say that without getting into the whole 'progression of Metal' thing. And looking back now I can understand my parent's point of view! But I still love this music just the same.

Jimmy Page makin' "noise" ;)
EDIT: removed bad Led Zeppelin yt link

Of course it's all now called "Classic Rock". They couldn't figure WHAT to classify THIS band as. My concert-going started a bit too late for me to see Bon Scott but I did get to attend the "Back In Black" tour.

Edit: removed bad link and txt.

darkreaver said:

I`m really into discovering old bands, which only gave out a demo or two in the 80`s/early 90`s. Maybe an long forgotten album also hehe

Three of the more "known" bands for "everybodys" pleasure :P

also: I have a mysapce: myspace.com/fearofnapalm

Pretty great stuff you linked there, the only stuff I ever download are demos, because it's impossible to collect them, even on Ebay. A lot of tapes are more vicious, rawer, with a more primitive feeling and have more energy than most full length albums which is awesome.

I love collecting forgotten albums from the early 90's as well, old school death metal ages very well. The other day I managed to get hold of Imperator - "The Time before Time" for vinyl.... mint..... $15!

Some killer demos, you're probably familiar with most of them though.

And some more demos that'll crush yer skull... Ugggghh!!!

Really tightly played death metal with intense reaping grinding riffs...

Band from Holland, I love the way this song gets these bursts of energy! Awesome!! Not sure how many other people here will enjoy it though...

Home made music video, not from a demo, but this is from one of those forgotten gems that only the die hard metal fans still remember... I still need to track this band down. I really love the songwriting and chillingly over the top vocal performance this one has.

Wow, that Garcharot stuff was really cool!

Reminded me somewhat of Infester (US):

Also check out this hidden gem! Sounds alot like Morbid Angel. A mix between Covenant and Formulas Fatal To The Flesh, from 1993:

Im guessing this stuff isnt very popular here at Doomworld :P

I saw that split with Purulence on Egay once for $5, and left it... and when I finally came back with the intent of purchasing it... it was going for $45! I failed. Doh! I'm gonna have to track that one down before I listen to it, otherwise I'll start getting unhappy. heheh

Not gonna post videos, but I'll just say that I'm jamming out to Anthrax, Slayer, Dio, Fear Factory, Testament, Judas Priest, and some Megadeth.

Spent most of my evening vegging out to music on Last.fm with the likes of Blinded Colony, Sybreed, Arkaea, Divine Heresy, Fear Factory Machinemade God, Unearth, Synthetic Breed, Nothingface, The Sorrow, Sylosis, Mudvayne, etc.

Had two VIP tickets to the "Astro Creep: 2000" show and took my brother. What a friggin' fantastic night that was (I admit to nothing)!

EDIT: vid no longer available

Amazing Italian Tech DM band that I recently discovered:

Unfortunately, their drummer Mauro, who was a big reason why the band was so amazing, left after a fiasco at a live show in Spain. For some reason, he smashed up the club's plasma tv and was detained for 48 hours. The vocalist then left and dis-associated himself with the "unprofessionalism," and now the band is missing a drummer and a vocalist. link: http://www.nocleansinging.com/2010/05/19/more-hour-of-penance-news/

Download Festival this week in the UK! Will hopefully be watching (in order)

Friday:
Unearth, 36 Crazyfists, Killswitch engage, As I Lay Dying, Job For A Cowboy, AC/DC

Saturday:
Rise to Remain, Sonic Syndicate, Sybreed, Five Finger Death Punch, Lamb of God, Panic Cell (acoustic), Deftones, Rage Against The Machine

Sunday:
Nonpoint, August Burns Red, Napalm Death, Dillenger Escape Plan, Whitechapel, Nonpoint (again, acoustic set), Stone Sour

and possibly some other bands in between.

I tend to bounce around when it comes to heavy metal. I'll listen to black metal for a couple weeks then some N.W.O.B.H.M. and some Trash metal. For the past couple weeks I have been listening to nothing but old school metal. Bands like Maiden,Running Wild and Helloween.

Ok I am sure I have posted my 2 cent on this before here at DW..but I have afew new bands to add anyways so here it goes.

BTW: I know some of my choices maybe in some peoples minds bordline metal or not even metal at all..Im not going to getting into that argument going back and forth on symantics..Lets just say I like what I like and you like what you like and leave it at that shall we?:

Fear Factory
Daath
Arsis
Anomalous
Threat Signal
Old School Mudvayne
" " Silpknot
Mushroomhead
City of Fire
The Faceless
Dispised Icon
The Black Dihila Murder
Extol
Demon Hunter
Nevermore
Carnifex
As you Drown
Severe Torture
Black Comedy
Arkaea
Antigama
Chimaira
Cradle of Filth
Crossbreed
Demiricous
Devildriver
Divine Heresy
Dry Kill Logic
Evergreen Terrace
Five Foot Thick
Ignominious Incarceration
Kataklysm
Lamb of God
Lay Down Rotten
Meshuggah
Mnemic
Nothingface
Opeth
Otep
Prong
Pulse Ultra
Rammstein
Sevendust
Skinlab
Static-X
Stone Sour
Strapping Young Lad
Stuck Mojo
Sybreed
Type O Negative
Vision Of Disorder
Throwdown

When I think of more I will edit this post...

I just remembered a noteworthy band:

Detritus (not the new electro/drum&bass artists using the same name, but the old, early 90's thrash metal band from the UK, with Mark Broomhead)

What surprises me the most about them (more than their sound) is how insanely obscure they are - even wikipedia removed their page, saying it was "not noteworthy" or some such nonsense. I can hardly even find their tapes for sale anywhere online anymore (their cd's were long gone last time I checked). The only thing I did find was a myspace page hosted by a fan, which can give a sample of some of their music. Being one of my favorite bands for almost two decades, I highly recommend them.