Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inhuman Strain

Random stuff you like that virtually everyone hates

Unreal 2
Yes. The game sucked terribly, but the story had a few awesome twists and an ending that made it all worth my while.

Patrick said:

Double Dragon (that movie was awesome on so many levels)

"If you thought I was bad, wait'll you meet my lawyers!" :B

I love the Double Dragon games and still found that movie fun. ...and it has a lot less to do with the source material than even Street Fighter or Mario Bros did.

I think I may be the one of the very few people in this community that listens to hip hop, though that's pretty popular otherwise (not to mention I avoid 95% of the crap that's on the radio).

In general terms, something I like that everyone seems to hate? Dragonball Evolution (for the lulz, really).

Truth be told, I tend to hate more things that everyone loves than love the things everyone hates.

Danarchy said:

Heh, I like disco, too. At least some of it. Also, I like jazz a lot. Not many people seem to be into that. That smooth jazz crap can go straight to hell, though.

Benny Goodman FTW? Also, on an unrelated note, I'm going to be visiting Seattle in June...

Among my circle of friends, I am the only person that finds these things funny:

- "Rejected" by Don Hertzfeldt
- http://dagobah.biz/flash/TRIP2.swf
- The Continuing Adventures of Nick Danger
- The Venture Bros. (upon showing an episode to my friend, he wouldn't quit asking stupid questions about it, like why Dr. Girlfriend has a male voice and why the brothers themselves only appeared in the show for thirty seconds instead of just enjoying the damn show)

Venture Bros. is quite possibly the best animated show ever.

Anyway, I actually liked both the Super Mario Bros. and Double Dragon movies. They were awesome for weird, quirky reasons.

Freddy Got Fingered.
Some call it the worst movie ever made but I honestly thought it was funny as hell. My brother and I still quote lines from it.

Ralphis said:

Are you talking about the cartoon?

Yeah. I know it still has a sizable fan base but I find myself getting sandwiched between people who hate it because they hate all anime and people who hate it within the anime community more and more often. I get why people don't like it, I know it has flaws and guess what? I don't care, I still love it.

Danarchy said:

Venture Bros. is quite possibly the best animated show ever.

Futurama is still my number 1 but this would be close second.

Maes said:

There was a lot of Doom hating back in 1996 but while I could understand the reasons back then (mostly bitter resentment from seeing Doom kick every other's "Doom clone"'s ass very, very hard) I can't imagine what reasons a 17yo could have for hating Doom today, unless it was portrayed in a particularly negative light by the media or something.

Your average high-school gamer is a CODFag. Someday I'd like to arrange a Doom II DM on MAP07 with someone in one of my classes just to see what they got. On Doomwire.

Inhuman Strain said:

the live action Street Fighter movie

Sorry dude, I fucking love that movie.

Did anybody else like the second Mortal Kombat movie?

I find the smell of skunk to be pleasant as long as it's not extremely concentrated.

Kagemaru_H said:

Your average high-school gamer is a CODFag. Someday I'd like to arrange a Doom II DM on MAP07 with someone in one of my classes just to see what they got. On Doomwire.

Yeah, I don't really buy into the popular games today (Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Halo, etc). Too much endless menial tasks, social networking, attempts at creating a surrogate reality, and attempts at being "realistic". I want to play a game to develop skills and get away from the monotony of life, not create a false extension of it.

Shaviro said:

Unreal 2
Yes. The game sucked terribly, but the story had a few awesome twists and an ending that made it all worth my while.

I liked Unreal 2 too and replayed it about a year ago. I liked the fact that you went to places /planets that looked different from one another.

Danarchy said:

Heh, I like disco, too. At least some of it. Also, I like jazz a lot. Not many people seem to be into that. That smooth jazz crap can go straight to hell, though.

Heh, I like Jazz too. Like the big band era and the stuff Jeff Healey did and Kenny Ball and stuff like that.

-The Super Mario Bros movie
-Frisky Dingo on Adult Swim
-Both mortal Kombat movies

Philnemba said:

I was gonna say MK1 but I think it's pretty well liked, even by some serious critics.

Kagemaru_H said:

Well, I can imagine them at most just brushing it aside as any other "shit old" game, at least at first.

Now if YOU go up and tell each and everybody of them that DOOM is t3h p4wn 4nd t3h h4x and that you would/will r4p3 th31r @$$ wiT|-| 4 r4z0r d1ld0 in DOOM 50 times over and that their "COD sk1llz" are for scrubs, everyday.... then yeah, they may have a valid point for hating it :-p

Philnemba said:

Both mortal Kombat movies

Hah! I once underwent a weekend-long "Mortal Kombat Therapy" back in the VHS days, and rented all MKs from 1 to 3 (well, don't recall the names, there was 1 and 2 and a third one back in 1997 where Shang Tsung was in hell with Jade or somesuch). The "Mortal Kombat Therapy" was actually said by the video rental guy :-D

Philnemba said:

I've watched both recently, and I love them both. I don't see why so many people didn't like them, or at least the 2nd one. I've bought both soundtracks to the movies as well, and I can't stop listening to them. ;)

As for movies, I don't know that many people who liked David Lynch's movie Lost Highway. I love how much it makes you think, and how the movie's plot can be taken so many different ways makes it an unforgettable movie for me at least. And the movie's soundtrack is kick ass as well.

Mattfrie1 said:

I've bought both soundtracks to the movies as well

Bought the first one. Sorry I lost it. Actually I think I may have thrown it away. Well, thank god for bittorrent.

Kagemaru_H said:

I had a Doom Legacy and ZDoom LAN Party with 2 other students at school back in 2005.

Craigs said:

Freddy Got Fingered.
Some call it the worst movie ever made but I honestly thought it was funny as hell. My brother and I still quote lines from it.

Right here with you on this one. My brother and I also quote this movie frequently

Maes said:
rented all MKs from 1 to 3 (well, don't recall the names, there was 1 and 2 and a third one back in 1997 where Shang Tsung was in hell with Jade or somesuch).

They haven't made MK3 yet..

Where exactly is this video rental place? I'd like to see Evil Dead 4 and Rambo 5. :D

(I'm thinking you maybe got it mixed up with the Mortal Kombat tv series?)

GhostlyDeath said:

I had a Doom Legacy and ZDoom LAN Party with 2 other students at school back in 2005.

I was speaking from what I observed in my school. The reason I like games like Doom and Hexen is because they don't try to become an extension to reality with the whole social networking bullshit.

destx said:

They haven't made MK3 yet..

Where exactly is this video rental place? I'd like to see Evil Dead 4 and Rambo 5. :D

(I'm thinking you maybe got it mixed up with the Mortal Kombat tv series?)

Yeah he got the TV series "Konquest"; Tsung is always scheming with some chick named Vorpax.

They're STILL in talks about making a 3rd one. Last I heard it was going to be based around Sub-Zero and pretend the existing movies never happened.