Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Doomworld goons' hobbies/fetishes

I'm a laser tag player. First played 17½ years ago and although not that often for most of that time (location fails) I have been playing multi-system tournaments (ie. many different brands) over the past few years, including one each in the USA and in Sweden. (and will be heading over to Sweden again this summer)

I like travelling and visiting faraway countries that are somewhat different (which has rubbed off onto my maps of late). I'm also a big fan of electronic music (especially drum'n'bass) and plan to start producing it someday.

There are a few others ofc, but these are some of the main ones.

@Infurnus:
I read on this very site that patches will not work on pirated IWADs. I will buy the Collector's edition someday so I don't have a pirated WAD. Pirating takes a lot more than just asking your computer to give you a Doom2.wad or the latest COD and the next minute you're playing it. It takes searching and knowing about the potential security threats, like Trojans and viruses, that come from certain sites, and avoiding said threats. And I know if I wanted v1.9 instead of v1.666, I'd look for it.
Also, the crippling flaw of your post is how you didn't even read half of my post or even consider any action I'd take to reverse my current position before talking out of your ass. Just because the dysfunctional moderating team and the whole site plays favorites with the big kids and I'm not a mindless follower goose-stepping to the Führer's orders doesn't mean I'm an idiot. It means I stand for what I believe in, and of you don't like it, then tough shit.

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST AND FUCK KNOW HOW MANY OTHERS LIKE IT. HE WAS WARNED.

Kagemaru_H said:

I read on this very site that patches will not work on pirated IWADs.

You read wrong, do some research man.

Kagemaru_H said:

Oh, I get it now. It was all some ploy to scare pirates into buying the game.

It was all a ploy to scare you into not posting any more.

Kagemaru_H said:

@Infurnus:
I read on this very site that patches will not work on pirated IWADs. I will buy the Collector's edition someday so I don't have a pirated WAD. Pirating takes a lot more than just asking your computer to give you a Doom2.wad or the latest COD and the next minute you're playing it. It takes searching and knowing about the potential security threats, like Trojans and viruses, that come from certain sites, and avoiding said threats. And I know if I wanted v1.9 instead of v1.666, I'd look for it.
Also, the crippling flaw of your post is how you didn't even read half of my post or even consider any action I'd take to reverse my current position before talking out of your ass. Just because the dysfunctional moderating team and the whole site plays favorites with the big kids and I'm not a mindless follower goose-stepping to the Führer's orders doesn't mean I'm an idiot. It means I stand for what I believe in, and of you don't like it, then tough shit.

Kagemaru_H said:

Just because the dysfunctional moderating team and the whole site plays favorites with the big kids and I'm not a mindless follower goose-stepping to the Führer's orders doesn't mean I'm an idiot. It means I stand for what I believe in, and of you don't like it, then tough shit.

Do you have a brother named CJ?

No. The whole reason I joined Doomworld in the first place is to commune with other people who share interest in Doom, not to get involved in some huge shitfest which is the electronic equivalent of a crime-ridden neighborhood in which thugs and gangsters are not arrested for assault/murder, but innocent bystanders are given murder sentence for defending their lives.

And I will try to keep away from any shitfests that the EE forum spawns and just stick to trying to start a half-decent thread here.

How to do this without looking like a Facebook hobby paste...

Skiing: I get paid to do this, professional, feeding my powder habit.
Partying: Drinking, beer-pong, Kings, drawing on faces, hitting on women, sleeping with women, you know... the real party doesn't start 'til I'm in the room.
Women: related to previous hobby.
Karaoke: related to previous two hobbies.
Chess: pretty decent, can play at the 1800-level.
Computers: build them, overclock them.
Dooming: still going...
Physics: I get paid to privately tutor physics.
Doom Mapping: 100% professional, I'm having a hard time describing how much of God's gift I am to this field... I get a hard-on every time I talk about it.

Esselfortium said:
*Disappointed Rei Ayanami's head*

Evageeks ftw.

But, seriously, nobody needed to know that you have a pirated IWAD; that should have just stayed you're little secret. [/offtopic]

Stygian said:

Evageeks ftw.

Heh. I hang around there, but I dunno if I'd go quite that far. They have a bad tendency to hugely overcomplicate things based on really out-there theories and speculation, and create all these bizarre character traits and supposed dilemmas/subplots/etc that don't actually exist. Lucretius, if you know him, summed it up well: "The EGF version is more like 'Shinji, an evil transsexual rapist who is incapable of love, learned nothing from his experiences and died as soon as the credits rolled.'" :P

Anyway, what's your username there?

*cough* Er, I mean, right, on topic...other than Doom stuff, I write music, and I talk to weirdos from the above-mentioned community. I also have an odd fixation on the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series of games, which comes back up every so often for a brief while.

Kagemaru_H said:

No. The whole reason I joined Doomworld in the first place is to commune with other people who share interest in Doom, not to get involved in some huge shitfest which is the electronic equivalent of a crime-ridden neighborhood in which thugs and gangsters are not arrested for assault/murder, but innocent bystanders are given murder sentence for defending their lives.

Oh well excuuuuuuse me, princess!
Sorry for calling you an idiot for publically announcing you pirated a game that's still for sale.

Esselfortium said:Anyway, what's your username there?

Same as it is here. I only registered about a week ago, but I think the discussions are interesting. Sorry about derailing the thread.

*Vanishes partially into the shadows, glasses glimmering faintly.*

Doom Marine said:

Women: related to previous hobby.

Lies, you love the cock. We have proof.

Karaoke: related to previous two hobbies.

Without being (too) racist, I really just want to understand, why do Asians love karaoke so much?

I'm not an idiot for claiming I'm using a pirated Doom 2 WAD. I'm not afraid of some copyright law having me arrested or otherwise punished for piracy. If anything, I'd be an idiot If I honestly believe that because a "free" or pirated copy of a game exists, then the game will lose value. Doom2 doesn't cost any less not than it did when people pirated it.

Kagemaru_H is tough guy. eh pirates iwad an doesn't afraid of anything.

On topic about actual hobbies, I missed that I play Airsoft and am particularly keen on Vietnam War gear collecting and reenactment, and yes, I also sing Karaoke. And I guess you can consider this a hobby too: I'm a high end beer snob.

I love music, computering, playing the video games and doing web design. I laso like to cook.

Ralphis said:

You are currently the dumbest poster on Doomworld

I was originally going to create a huge hole in your flawed reasoning, but because everyone says you're a hacker, and we don't need a Giygas on the internet, I'll just leave you alone and block you.

Kagemaru_H said:

I was originally going to create a huge hole in your flawed reasoning, but because everyone says you're a hacker, and we don't need a Giygas on the internet, I'll just leave you alone and block you.

What?

Super Jamie said:

Without being (too) racist, I really just want to understand, why do Asians love karaoke so much?

Not racist at all, I can't really come up with a cultural explanation for it, any weeaboos want to take a crack at this?

I like singing and hanging out, and not take myself too seriously, karaoke is perfect.

Kagemaru_H said:

You are out of luck, boy. Ralphis is my hacking mentor, and for this insult to his name and hacking prowess you too will now be hacked. You have 24 hours to comply. My demands will be forthcoming via PM. You have been warned.

QUICKLY INSTALL NORTON ANTIVIRUS ITS THE ONLY WAY TO STOP HI#$*(&^(*&$

hey destx here dont install norton antivirus its bad for your computer

Kagemaru_H said:

Ha ha, I like how you seriously equated internet heckling for a dumb mistake to violent victimization in a real-life ghetto.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

I'm a laser tag player. First played 17½ years ago and although not that often for most of that time (location fails) I have been playing multi-system tournaments (ie. many different brands) over the past few years, including one each in the USA and in Sweden. (and will be heading over to Sweden again this summer)

Laser tag! I forgot about that! That might be something I could try and get into if not paintballing. What are the multi-system tournaments like?

A defensive/passive hacker. I just changed my IP, deleted my cookies and I'm posting via proxy. I also don't buy into anything strangers send me.

So who wins this round?