Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Super Jamie

The new Rickroll

Belial said:

i'm still kinda wtf'd by the sudden polish craze over that song. oh well, memes don't ask or follow logic. :)

dew said:

i'm still kinda wtf'd by the sudden polish craze over that song.

So am I, even though the fad has worn off a long time ago.

My theory is that, aside from our rather distorted perception of Czech culture fueled by constantly repeated reruns of Czechoslovakian movies from the 60s on TV, this was in fact the first time when someone's discovery of something 'funney'/weird on the internet made it to the mainstream media, and from there it spread like wildfire.

Recently there was a different case involving one of the many remakes of the 'Hitler going nuts' scene from Downfall (BTW it was the best one I've ever seen). Since it was about the sorry state of Warsaw's dance clubs, one of them decided to use some of the more memorable lines from the clip on their promotional posters, along with frames from this gif. Cue the discovery of the remakes by media and a debate about how Hitler is totally not funny with butthurt veterans voicing their disgust with 'kids these days'. The club's owners are getting sued for promoting totalitarian ideology.

FFFFUUUU

Guess what, the same TV show that made my vid popular in Poland just discovered Jamie's vid.

I love it when random stuff like this turns up for no reason. It also helps when a meme features music that is good. :p

Danarchy said:

internetzvideo

lol, seems like a pretty typical star trek alien encounter actually. All star trek aliens are human form (except for occasional evolutionarily redundant biological forehead decorations (for black aliens only)) and often look like half naked ancient greeks.
Though this is based on the 2 or 3 episodes I've seen so I'm probably completely wrong, but at least I'm writing on the internet, weeee.

The rest of the internet seems to disagree with you :P

The techno remix and "Hitler sees Trolololo" have appeared this week.

See, I want to know who owns http://trololololololololololo.com/
If you have a website named after a super popular meme, does that pretty much make you rich? And was the whole thing planned as a get rich scheme? Anonymous is probably behind this, bless their tainted souls.
Probably Rick Astley and whoever owns the slap chop are secretly the world's richest people now.

gggmork said:

See, I want to know who owns http://trololololololololololo.com/
If you have a website named after a super popular meme, does that pretty much make you rich? And was the whole thing planned as a get rich scheme? Anonymous is probably behind this, bless their tainted souls.

Domain Name: TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO.COM 

Registrant:
    n/a
    Nadim Kobeissi        (nadim@sega.vg)
    3455 Cote-Des-Neiges
    APT 638
    Montreal
    QC,H3H1T6
    CA
    Tel. +1.5146537341

Creation Date: 26-Feb-2010  
Expiration Date: 26-Feb-2011
A bunch of copycat domains with ads have sprung up since the first original ad-free domain. I don't know about "rich" but I imagine such domains pay for themselves and provide a nice bit of pocket money while they are still popular.