Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deeforce

Favorite Gameboy (Original) Game?

Hi,
I wonder whether you have the original gameboy and if yes: what is your favorite gameboy game?

I mean this gameboy:

... and this is my favorite game for the gameboy: ("Super Mario Land 2")

The only game I ever played regularly on the Gameboy was The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. I must have finished that game a hundred times.

SML2 was pretty cool, but Final Fantasy Adventure was all kinds of awesome. It was remade as Sword of Mana.

final fantasy legends 3 was one of the first jrpgs I played. Still have good memories of it, although it'd probably be disappointing now. I'd also include pokemon blue/red (yellow not as much, pikachu messed up my party balance >.<), and would say tloz-link's awakening, but I had it for gba. The looney tunes game was also pretty fun.

I also never had a real gb, only pocket->color->rest of the lineage.

Pretty much the same as Krispavera, but i also played a lot of Wario Land (a.k.a Super Mario Land 3). No idea what the hell happened to them, or the Game Boy come to think of it.

Definitely Zelda. I was amazed that it had a save function and played so much different than other Gameboy games. The Mario games were cool, too, and I also have fond memories of RC Pro AM as well as A Boy and his Blob, even though I never owned them myself. Can't remember which other games I had, were quite a few though, like Megaman 1-3 for example. Good times...

(And I only smashed the display once, probably thanks to Megaman 3 :D)

I'll forgo all of the games that are obviously awesome which most of you should know and take one outta left field. The original gameboy's James Bond game. BAM.

I don't have the *original* Game Boy per se, but I do have a clear one from the Play It Loud series. Unfortunately, it has been broken for a long time now. Luckily, I can still play my old games on my GBA. Unfortunately, the only games I can find for it right now are Pokemon Red and Super Mario Land. I'm fairly sure I have Tetris around here somewhere, too. I used to have Star Wars, Kirby's Pinball (until a friend of mine lost it), Killer Instinct, and some sort of fun puzzle game my friend gave me after he lost Kirby's Pinball. Frankly, I love my GBA games more than those.

Donkey Kong, Metroid 2, Super Mario Land 2, Mega Man V, Mario's Picross, and (just for what it does with the Super Game Boy) Space Invaders.

I've already mention this before but I'm going to say it once again, Legend of Zelda:Link's Awakening.

Krispavera said:

I must have finished that game a hundred times.

Ditto

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Pokemon Blue. I've still got a level 100 Ninetales and a level 90-something Charizard.

The Pokemon series was actually very good. It's too bad it's been gimmicked to the max.

I still remember my Game Boy. It was clear.

This game is, for sure, the best remake

My sister had a Gameboy Pocket with Pokemon Red, Donkey Kong, Jurassic Park and some others.

I never had an original Gameboy, but I did have Gameboy Color with Pokemon Silver Version, Super Mario Bros. and Zelda: Oracle of Ages.

I haven't played very many Gameboy titles, but my favorite of those I have played is Metroid 2. It's a solid entry in the series and one I wish Nintendo would revisit.

Metroid 2
Zelda
Megaman (any of them)
Pokemon R/U
Solar Striker (if only for being the closest thing to bullet hell on GB)
Tetris and Tetris 2
And the grand daddy of GB Mono games, Super Mario Land.

I also like some GBC games like Pokemon Silver and Donkey Kong Country, but since this is about the Mono, I won't get into those

I too liked Final Fantasy adventure... took me forever to beat 'that' puzzle, though. In the end i looked on a guide online, but i'd had the game 2-3 years before getting the internet, and had levelled up massively in the desert whilst wandering around, so the rest of the game was really easy, even the final boss could barely touch me, i just stood there and kept doing sword-throws until he died.
I also got Final Fantasy Legend - but it's crap. The weapons have limited ammo and are insanely expensive, even "weapons" such as kicks and punches have limited ammo and are about 10,000 gold pieces, you have to 'balance' fights with your remaining weapons to earn enough money to buy enough new weapons to progress in the game, not fun!
I got the other two on emulators and they were a lot better, never played very far in them though. I wanted to find them for the console but shop goond always assumed i was talking about Final Fantasy 2 and 3 for the NES and just went "durr those never came out here" (because 4 was "2" and 6 was "3", of course).
I could probably ebay them and have them inside a week, mind you - but i have other stuff to do and i know i'll get sucked in, especially to Legend 2, it had time travel and a 'stealth fighter'! (well it looked like one, but was the size of a ship inside).

The Gameboy game i played the most was Asteroids on one of those Arcade Classics carts, though.
That and Worms, the Worms port was pretty good but had a fairly limited range of level types (and you hardly ever got the forest ones). Also a lot of the weapons from other versions were lacking - but in some ways this was an improvement as stupid-powerful weapons like the Banana Bombs became super-rare in the GB version.

Donkey Kong Land (no it's not country) was pretty good as well. Also the first super mario land when mario was dot sized (loved the super mario world 2 as well). Pokemon blue and yellow is a definite, not to mention Wario land 2 as well. Heck there's a lot. I played a lot in my childhood heh.

Lots of games were already mentioned, I'll just add Castlevania II Belmont's Revenge in there :>
Really good game.

Final Fantasy Adventure ( called "Mystic Quest" here ) is also one of my favorites.

I oughta try Operation C via emulator. The way I see emulators, they're good for try-before-buy, so you don't blow your money on a cartridge and end up not liking the game. I also like the idea that every game in the world is playable on a computer. I don't really see them as an outlet for freeloaders who don't want to pay for games.

They're also good if there's an extremely rare game that goes for $800 on eBay that you like to play, but see $800 as an unreasonable price.

I know some people see emulation as copyright infringement, like whoever enforces these are really going to care about some game from 1992 when the guy next door is playing a bootleg of Modern Warfare 2.

Kagemaru_H said:

I oughta try Operation C via emulator. The way I see emulators, they're good for try-before-buy, so you don't blow your money on a cartridge and end up not liking the game. I also like the idea that every game in the world is playable on a computer. I don't really see them as an outlet for freeloaders who don't want to pay for games.

They're also good if there's an extremely rare game that goes for $800 on eBay that you like to play, but see $800 as an unreasonable price.

I know some people see emulation as copyright infringement, like whoever enforces these are really going to care about some game from 1992 when the guy next door is playing a bootleg of Modern Warfare 2.

I don't think you "get" copyright infringement

What I meant was "piracy". The way I see it, in any case, is that it would be one thing to be playing an old NES game on your computer, but by emulating any new consoles like the PS2 or DS, you might as well as have stolen a game from GameStop or BestBuy.

It's really not like Sega would make money off some obscure Genesis game from 1992 unless they had some museum/arcade where people could walk in, pay a fee, and play the games.

And I do "get" copyright infringement/violation. Copyright infringement (or copyright violation) is the unauthorized or prohibited use of works covered by copyright law, in a way that violates one of the copyright owner's exclusive rights, such as the right to reproduce or perform the copyrighted work, or to make derivative works.

So it both pertains to piracy and IP theft.