Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BlueEagle

Locked door opened by any key

Hi there!
I usually search every forum and wiki I know about a problem I encounter, but I couldn't find anything on this one.

So I have a map and there's a door that is locked. I want the player to be able to open this door as soon as he has any key. But if I set the "door locked raise" key lock to "Any Key" as DB2 tells me, the player can open the door even if he has no key at all. If I change the flag to any other regular key, it works.

What am I doing wrong?

First, what's the map format and the intended port?

If it's for ZDoom and in Hexen or UDMF map format, provided you haven't overridden the default LOCKDEFS lump, then the correct key type should be 100.

Sorry, forgot to mention the port. Yes, it's Zdoom (GZdoom to be exact) and I'm using Hexen format. I can't insert numbers when using DB2, so I can only assume that "any key" means 100. I didn't change LOCKDEFS in any way.

Even if I open a complete new map, draw a room and a door inside and set lock to "any key", it opens even if I have no key at all.

BlueEagle said:

I can't insert numbers when using DB2

Yes you can. You don't need to use the drop-down, you can just click on it and type something.

Oh, I didn't know that :)

But still no luck. Entered 100, but door still opens when I have no keys.

Thanks for reporting :)

Seems that this lock is almost never used. But I think it's pretty useful to create some non-linearity. So I guess I'm using ACS now to lock that door. Hope that works...

No need to, you can fix that by making your own LOCKDEFS lump instead.

Lock 100
{
	Any { BlueCard BlueSkull YellowCard YellowSkull RedCard RedSkull }
	Message "$PD_REDK"
	RemoteMessage "$PD_REDO"
	Mapcolor 128 128 255
}
Put that in your mod and it'll repair the lock.

Bug is now fixed in ZDoom r2199 and GZDoom r745, which should soon be available here, so you don't even need to provide the alternate LOCKDEFS lump.

Cjwright79 said:

In standard Doom you could just make three switches next to the door, one for each key color.

Irrelevant to the OP's question, which has been answered already.