Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

SpeedMIDIing Session #3: Closed.

I plan on hosting SpeedMIDIing Session #3, which will commence EXACTLY 1 WEEK FROM NOW! You will have a twenty-four hour period, starting late Saturday/early Sunday next week, to compose one or more MIDIs to the best of your ability, in the style which will be specified as soon as the session commences!

Refer to the session #1 thread in case you're unfamiliar with contributing to these sessions.

The times are as follows:

American Central Standard Time: Sat 12:00PM -> Sun 12:00PM
Greenwich Mean Time: Sat 6:00PM -> Sun 6:00PM
Australian Western Standard Time: Sun 2:00AM -> Mon 2:00AM

Rules:

1. You may create more than one MIDI during this session.
  2. The MIDI must be made in the specified style, which will be revealed the moment the session commences. Have your midi editors open and ready for when that time comes!
  3. MIDIs must be submitted before the session is up.
  4. Give your MIDI a name when you submit it.
  5. Try to make your MIDI longer than 1:30, just to keep things interesting. There is no definite minimum length, though.
  6. Please use SpeedyShare for uploading your submissions super-quick.
  7. Submissions that are NOT MIDI will NOT be accepted.
Entries:
Shining Mirror (Jimmy91)
O Bayb (Infurnus)

So...

dam I wish I knew how to make good music (still trying to get note patterns to sound right -.-).
but I'm going to try and make some as it is good pratice (I most likely will not release it but I can hope for something good)

and I'll tell my friend (that doesn't play doom) about this as he makes some good tunes and might be interested in this.

Not sure if I can make it. I'm going away for the weekend and leaving early Saturday morning, but I don't know yet what time I'm coming back on Sunday - could be early evening, could be late at night.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I'm in.

GhostlyDeath said:

What's done with the MIDI afterwards?

It's listened to, presumably.

Anyway, I might get in on this again.

I probably won't be able to join in, mainly because of Saturday night and Sunday morning conflicts but also partly because of my self-imposed internet embargo at home. We'll see, though.

If anyone knows a MIDI authoring program that works on x64 Windows, I'd be glad to join in.

THANKS SO MUCH SHAI. :D ...hahaha...

Stewboy: You'll 24 hours to do it so you MIGHT be able to come up with something in that time frame. Where do you live, Sydney (GMT+10)? In that case you have from 4am on Sunday til 4am on Monday.

Mechadon: 'Tis all in good fun. :P Submit something if you wish.

Ghostly: I'll be hosting any and all contributions on my filespace at http://jimmy.phenomer.net once the session is over.

Aldaraia: No sign-up required, mate, just show up with something while the session is active. :)

Bucket: Anvil Studio, FL Studio, and Noteworthy Composer spring to mind.

If it's not too late, I'd like to join (Central time right now is only 9:30 or so).

GhostlyDeath said:

What are the usage terms of those MIDIs?

Do you mean the ones up there at the moment (which are all mine), or the ones that will be up once the session is over?

Mine are free to use anywhere. Do whatever you like with them (if it's entirely non-commercial :P). The thread for my MIDIs is here if you want more info.

For the others that will be uploaded once this speedMIDIing session is over, I'd recommend seeking permission from the respective creator(s) (whom I will list), before using them.

Guitar Pro 5 is a great way to compose MIDIs, with a simple interface consisting of a guitar neck, that may be trouble for people who've never played guitar before though.

You guys should now be suitably psyched, because this session is NOW ACTIVE!

The rule is:

Make a MIDI which features a Kalimba (108) as a main lead or backing instrument.

You have 24 hours, starting NOW!

Sorry, I got home later than I expected (only 3 hours ago), and then had other urgent things to do. I have worked on my midi but it's by no means finished, and I should go to bed now, so I'll work on it tomorrow morning (since it is a 24hour session) and you guys will just have to take my word for it that it was done in 24 hours.

For the record then, there's 6 hours left as of this post. D:

Infurnus: Your midi was okay. Is there any reason that the song stretches out to an hour and three quarters because of random notes/controllers in the last 2000 bars? o_O

There's an hour and a half left as of this post!!!

Anybody else close to finishing theirs?

And with that, the session is up.

Only one submission? :( I'm a little disappointed. More people SAID they'd enter this time, but only one (Infurnus) actually did. Hmm...

I DID have a song that I was working on, but I wasn't able to do much more work since I didn't get home until 5 in the morning, went to sleep and woke up at noon, and did other stuff until I remembered the Speedmidi contest..only that it was too late. :(

The timeframe probably seems too constricting for most. Maybe expanding to a sort of monthly/bimonthly week-long "Midiweek" or something would get more people to contribute.

Maybe people just suck.

mammajamma might be on to something. I could have joined if the span was longer, or if the 24 hour period was during the week rather than over the weekend.

Try again in a month or something. Everyone who said they'd join and then didn't should have to feel guilty for at least that long.

Nice song, Jimmy.