Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maynes32

Patching WADs in Windows 7

Just returning to Doom from a long absence. I've been trying out at bunch of the old player-created WADs (especially those on the 100 best list, which is sweet!), and I had some trouble with a couple.

I have old copies still of Doom II and Ultimate Doom, and used these to get the relevant WADs. I am running Windows 7, and using Chocolate Doom as a port. A couple of the pWADs I have tried, though, tell me that I need a version of Doom (1.8 vs. 1.2, etc.) that I don't have. All of the patches that I've tried to run don't seem to work in Windows 7.

Do I need to update/patch the WADs I have? Or is this a Chocolate Doom issue?

I appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,

BLM

You can use this to change the IWAD patch version.

As for mods needing specific versions of the exe, as far as I know, the only one that really needs an older exe is Doomsday of UAC, and you can configure ChocoDoom to emulate the old behavior.

Gez said:

You can use this to change the IWAD patch version.

As for mods needing specific versions of the exe, as far as I know, the only one that really needs an older exe is Doomsday of UAC, and you can configure ChocoDoom to emulate the old behavior.

Thanks. I just downloaded it and gave it a try. Put Doom.wad into the Doompatcher directory, ran it, selected Doom.wad, and it gave me a runtime error '53' and said "file not found". Any thoughts?

Thanks again.