Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Teenager crisis - One week departure.

will all of you please grow up quickly so we don't have to talk about school? It's beginning to depress me, and I'm done with it for fuck's sake.

bbg, tobester, I'm gonna give you some advice. You don't have to take it, but I'm telling you guys it is better to get qualifications and then bitch and be a dumbass rather than drop out and then bitch and be a dumbass. Trust me, I've seen what's happened to my family members before now, which is why I'm at uni...

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are dumb, than to open it and confirm the fact :)

will all of you please grow up quickly so we don't have to talk about school? It's beginning to depress me, and I'm done with it for fuck's sake.

Hah. You're never truly done with school. Even after you graduate from college, you'll have to take classes now and again to stay ahead of the technology curve.

My old man was a full-time student for at least a year in each of five consecutive decades. The man has, like, four different higher degrees.

tobester: just for the record...i didn't agree you were a dumbass...not at all...but i think you should go through school.

bbg, tobester, I'm gonna give you some advice. You don't have to take it, but I'm telling you guys it is better to get qualifications and then bitch and be a dumbass rather than drop out and then bitch and be a dumbass. Trust me, I've seen what's happened to my family members before now, which is why I'm at uni...

I'M NOT FUCKING GONNA DROP OUT!!!!

pritch: go read my post in religion and politics.

I am NOT a dumbass.

I never said you were (well, not in this thread anyway :)) I was just making a general comment about how it's ok to act like a prat when you've got the qualifications under your belt, 'cos then you've still got them, no matter what else happens.

bbg, that's good to hear, I must have lost the plot somewhere along the line.

I'm not going to drop out, but if I don't find some miraculous way to get .5 elective credits by the end of the year, I'm going to have to take a whole other year. Lame.

I'm not going to drop out, but if I don't find some miraculous way to get .5 elective credits by the end of the year, I'm going to have to take a whole other year. Lame.

Yeah, that would suck Dano...

I'm with tobester on this one. Your main objective is to live a happy life, and if univ doesn't provide you the kind of stuff you're looking for, then it's nothing more than a pain in the ass.

I'm with tobester on this one. Your main objective is to live a happy life, and if univ doesn't provide you the kind of stuff you're looking for, then it's nothing more than a pain in the ass.

well. That's true....

yes, but you should try it first before saying that. You may find it's good, and then you'd be grateful you didn't miss out. If it's not good, so what? You've not lost anything for trying, 'cept some time, but it was all good life experience.

indeed you are, I hate school. Never the less I still think it's an important part of life. It's just if there only was a way to learn everything needed in a better way...

that's how it alweys is. I remember being like 5 and playing with toys, I wished I could just grow up faster. Now whenever I look back on those days I say to myself "ahh, what the fuck was I thinking?" It alweys seems like the fun times are in the passed or will come in the future. But when you actually get there it will seem like the fun times were right now. (I know that must sound confusing.)

-1. Like my postcount.. :)

Yeah, what you said about being young and wishing to be older is true. But I think when we're young we look forward to the benefits of being an adult. Only when we get there we realise it wasn't such a big deal, we have to balance whatever with responsibility, or we are still looking for those benefits, and realising we never actually get them. And teh same is probably true in reverse when we look back at being children now. Grass is always greener, eh?

is it just me or are the american schools much more dangerous than others?

Back when I was at high school, they were very deadly. Especially since I was there and not at home where I wanted be, on the Net.
I don't have a bad attitude on the whole school thing, it has a bad attitude about me.