Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XenoNemisis

New to editing in hexen format, can't find switches.

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I've come across a problem making my level. I cannot find the switch function. A search on this forum came up with nothing. I want to have a switch that requires a key to lower a wall blocking the players path.

Make your shopping here: http://zdoom.org/wiki/Action_specials

Line specials in the Hexen format are different in that instead of being just one number that corresponds to a predetermined effect, it's a combination of many things -- special, flag, parameters -- that allow greatly enhanced variety. To make you special activated as a switch, look at the linedef activation method and flags.

I have the lift part down for the most part, but how do I set up the switch? Is it a script execution? A floor action? A line action? Even then, most of the commands for lifts have no lock or key specification.

I tried looking through levels made in hexen format and they use mostly script functions, and I don't know how to do that. Isn't there a guide to doing this somewhere online?

Okay, figured it out. What I didn't realize was that it was supposed to be in script form, not in any predefined action like in doom's format. Thanks again for the list, it'll help me with the scripting now that I understand it.