Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
audiodef

WAD won't load

I have a WAD I've been working on and now it won't load in Doomsday. I used it an hour ago, exited the program, came back, and it won't run. I can't check the box next to the WAD file in either the addons tab or the maps tab. If I switch from DOOM II to DOOM, something that looks like a capital D shows up in the check box next to the WAD file.

I've tried re-installing Doomsday. I have no clue what's going on at this point.

OK, this is odd. If I save the map as a new file name from DB2, all is well.

Has this happened to anyone else? I didn't edit the file in any way outside of DB2.

If the map changes while Snowberry is running I don't think it will notice. You'll likely have to click the "refresh" button in that situation.

I should mention that I have had near zero involvement in Snowberry's development. The above advice is just a guess.

Thanks, DaniJ. I don't think that's the problem. I'll keeping working on my WAD (boy, does that sound wrong out of context) and note if this behaviour is consistent. If it is, it might be a bug somewhere.

I haven't had this problem again, but I did move the WAD file around. Maybe that made something unhappy, although I don't see why. Or possibly I have a bad disk sector. Either way, I'm not having this problem any more, so no bug!