Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hekksy

Skulltag 98 Second Edition

Recommended Posts

After several months of waiting, ]Skulltag 98b has been released. It is mostly a maintenance release and fixes several server-side crashes and desync issues. Notable cosmetic updates include a new server dialog for Windows users, Maxim Stepin's HQNX filter support, and several scripting updates from later ZDoom revisions. More details about the release and the 98a -> 98b changelog are here. You can download it here.

Share this post


Link to post
BlazingPhoenix said:

Wonder why nobody's mentioned that the source for 97c2 was released yet.

I was waiting, hoping someone would make the usual "SOURCE???????" post so that I or someone else could respond with the actual source and the universe would explode.

Here it is, in any case.

Share this post


Link to post

Man HQNX looks horrible on doom textures! I don't see how anyone can play with that, it makes the textures look more like textures and less real walls.

Share this post


Link to post
esselfortium said:

I was waiting, hoping someone would make the usual "SOURCE???????" post so that I or someone else could respond with the actual source and the universe would explode.

Here it is, in any case.


This is worth its own news post, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Csonicgo said:

Man HQNX looks horrible on doom textures! I don't see how anyone can play with that, it makes the textures look more like textures and less real walls.



Doesn't it? ;) Some people still seem to want it...

Share this post


Link to post
Csonicgo said:

Man HQNX looks horrible on doom textures! I don't see how anyone can play with that, it makes the textures look more like textures and less real walls.


Of the scaling options available, HQ scaling is by far the best looking in my opinion.

That said, I personally use nearest-pixel. But for those who like scaled textures, you would be silly not to include it.

Share this post


Link to post
AlexMax said:

Of the scaling options available, HQ scaling is by far the best looking in my opinion.
.


how about detail textures like prboom? That effect looks good if done smart(on the right textures) and is fast as hell to boot.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×