Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hekksy

Skulltag 98 Second Edition

After several months of waiting, ]Skulltag 98b has been released. It is mostly a maintenance release and fixes several server-side crashes and desync issues. Notable cosmetic updates include a new server dialog for Windows users, Maxim Stepin's HQNX filter support, and several scripting updates from later ZDoom revisions. More details about the release and the 98a -> 98b changelog are here. You can download it here.

BlazingPhoenix said:

Wonder why nobody's mentioned that the source for 97c2 was released yet.

I was waiting, hoping someone would make the usual "SOURCE???????" post so that I or someone else could respond with the actual source and the universe would explode.

Here it is, in any case.

Man HQNX looks horrible on doom textures! I don't see how anyone can play with that, it makes the textures look more like textures and less real walls.

esselfortium said:

I was waiting, hoping someone would make the usual "SOURCE???????" post so that I or someone else could respond with the actual source and the universe would explode.

Here it is, in any case.

This is worth its own news post, in my opinion.

Csonicgo said:

Man HQNX looks horrible on doom textures! I don't see how anyone can play with that, it makes the textures look more like textures and less real walls.

Doesn't it? ;) Some people still seem to want it...

Csonicgo said:

Of the scaling options available, HQ scaling is by far the best looking in my opinion.

That said, I personally use nearest-pixel. But for those who like scaled textures, you would be silly not to include it.

AlexMax said:

Of the scaling options available, HQ scaling is by far the best looking in my opinion.

how about detail textures like prboom? That effect looks good if done smart(on the right textures) and is fast as hell to boot.