Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
audiodef

Keys not appearing

While working on a WAD, a key is not showing up when I play it. I haven't attached it to a door yet - does that prevent the key from appearing where I've placed it on the map? I don't see it in the actual game or in visual mode in DB2.

A key is just a key, an inventory item that gets added to the player's inventory. That said, it acts like any other item: perhaps you forgot to check the boxes in Doom Builder's Thing Properties window that enables the key to appear in the various skill settings.

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. I meant to run back here and fess up sooner. DB2 leaves the skill levels checked identical to the most recent thing, and I had only the easy box checked.

Speaking of levels, how do I differentiate between Ultra Violence and Nightmare or Hurt Me Plenty and Ultra Violence? There are three skill levels in DB2 and 5 skill levels in DOOM.

Would that mean that the number of monsters remain the same at the hard levels but that they're more vicious?

Vermil said:

Doom only has three skill levels as far as thing placement goes; 2 (easy), 3 (medium), and 4 (hard).

Though UDMF does allow you to use separate filters for each skill.