Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

2 player ZDOOM DMing via Modem

I want to DM with a friend using ZDOOM over modems. I used to do this with ZDLaunch, but this program has some interesting bugs that makes this very annoying. If anyone knows another way to DM using ZDOOM, please let me know! I haven't DMed in ages.

Both have to be same, you get msg "incorrect Doom versions cannot play a net game" if the zdoom's are diff

Why when I host can I not run around in the level as I wait for people to connect? It just sits there waiting, then when someone joins, it says found 1 player and then waits a while more. Then my friend who was trying to join, his computer froze. Or so he claims. It may have been that it was just taking a while to connect. how long should it take to synchronize? And how come I can't run around in the level while I'm waiting for my friend to join?

my guess would be so you don't have an advantage to him by building up your arsenal. chirp chirp.

You are playing h2h, not running a server, the game will not load until both players have synchronised, why not get zdaemon and try running a private server that only he can join, use cmd line to tell it not to publish ip addr to zdaemon master and just tell your friend your ip address

I want to DM with a friend using ZDOOM over modems. I used to do this with ZDLaunch, but this program has some interesting bugs that makes this very annoying. If anyone knows another way to DM using ZDOOM, please let me know! I haven't DMed in ages.

do you mean Zdlauncher.exe? That has nothing to do with Zdoom. Because it's part of zdaemon's files. Not for running Zdoom.

You are playing h2h, not running a server, the game will not load until both players have synchronised, why not get zdaemon and try running a private server that only he can join, use cmd line to tell it not to publish ip addr to zdaemon master and just tell your friend your ip address

Yeah, ip address works for me and waldon playing over modem :) across countries from USA to Hungary

i know deathzor, but i was saying i played him last year when he was still in hungary. I know now he has moved in with Bahdko in Virginia since like last July or something when the lan party was hosted