Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kyka

Turning the 'block sound' linedef flag on/off during gameplay via ACS

Is this possible using ACS. Or any other way?

Obviously I am using ZDoom (Doom in Hexen) Format.

Sorry if this is basic or if it has been answered elsewhere. I couldn't find an answer either here or on ZDoom wiki if it has.

thanks guys :)

Not as far as I know, no. You can change the blocking flags, and the special and args; but not any other properties, including block sound, hidden/shown/secret, upper/lower unpegging, and so on.

Turning it *on* wouldn't do much good anyway, since once sound has propagated, the sectors are marked with an active sound target from then on. You'd have to combine it with a function that does an "inverse" sound propagation to clear sound targets instead of setting them ;)

Quasar said:

Turning it *on* wouldn't do much good anyway, since once sound has propagated, the sectors are marked with an active sound target from then on. You'd have to combine it with a function that does an "inverse" sound propagation to clear sound targets instead of setting them ;)

It would matter in ZDoom (and since it's for ZDoom, vanilla/Boom doesn't matter. For example, if you teleport an idle, non-deaf monster to a sector where sound has been hear before, it won't activate until it actually hears a sound or sees you - unlike in vanilla/Boom. It's one of those small port differences that could potentially really screw up ambushes if you test your Boom map only in ZDoom (because in the former the monsters would wake up and start chasing you when they shouldn't).