Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demon101

Stupid things you done in Doom 3

Doomhuntress said:

I'm... not quite following what you meant there.

Point the rotating machine gun, which you should have by that point (weapon #5), at a mancubus and blast away. Try it in god mode first. The monster goes pretty quick.

I also find it hil-frickin-larious that mancubuses take a giant back flip when they die. In Doom II, they simply disintegrated. I dunno, maybe they want to die and jump for joy when they do.

audiodef said:

I also find it hil-frickin-larious that mancubuses take a giant back flip when they die. In Doom II, they simply disintegrated. I dunno, maybe they want to die and jump for joy when they do.

Handicap for switching from free-form (but time-consuming to create) sprites to fixed-size (but easy to animate) models.

Clonehunter said:

Ragdoll cheat? What are you talking about? *One Eye widens in curiosity*

Start a game or load a save file, open the console, and enter the following:

g_dragentity 1
Your weapon will lower. Point your crosshair at an object, then hold the Attack button. The object will levitate, and you can move it about as you please until you let go of Attack. To reverse this effect, enter this into the console:
g_dragentity 0
Use in conjunction with summon codes and NOTARGET for hours of fun with screwing around with monsters and corpses!

I just spawned a Guardian in the bathroom of the first level, before the teleporter blew.

ALL HAIL THE GUARDIAN OF THE URINAL!

Walked into the room where you meet Sarge and get your orders, using noclip. Blow up Sarge with a grenade. He does a nice flip if you get the angle right. Turn noclip off. Walk out door, triggering cutscene. Sarge magically comes back to life. Blow up Sarge again.

audiodef said:

Point the rotating machine gun, which you should have by that point (weapon #5), at a mancubus and blast away. Try it in god mode first. The monster goes pretty quick.

I think you're misunderstanding me... what I meant was that the level BEFORE you meet the first Mancubuses I forgot to take the rocket launcher after having crossed the nukage, so I had to jump back to the other side, get the RL, and jump back again, which cost me 80 health.

Doomhuntress said:

80 health.

doooh not 80 health :O

no seriously, if you are down to 20% health in this game you are screwed unless you are seriously lucky and happen to be by a health station.

There is more than enough health on the next level to compensate for that mistake.

Screwed? Not if you suck at dodging projectiles, none of the monsters in Doom 3 is particulary intimidating (more like annoying).

Cacodemons are super-annoying. They get right up in your face unless you frag them at a distance. Ditto lost souls. They're like giant gnats - you just want to wave and swat and yell GET THE %$#~! OUTTA MY FACE!

Ha, yeah. Fortunately, trites and ticks can be squished with the flash, or even with your fist.

In a mod, I saw a trite jump into a bulkhead and kill itself. Really cracked me up. I was totally away down the hall from it.

Ha! Hilarious.

They still have to be the most annoying enemies in the game, though. I got my ass handed to myself the first time I met them.

today I mistakenly shot a bunch of my own guys once i got the pistol.

i honestly didnt think anything would happen.

Shows how bad new games have gotten...

I don't know...20% health isn't too bad. It seems like you take a little less damage when you're so low. I swear, I had 10% health, got a direct hit with an imp fireball and probably lost about 2 HP. That was with no armor.

PRIMEVAL said:

I don't know...20% health isn't too bad. It seems like you take a little less damage when you're so low. I swear, I had 10% health, got a direct hit with an imp fireball and probably lost about 2 HP. That was with no armor.

im noticing this too at my friends house when i downloaded it on his laptop.

When your health is low its almost immpossible to die. I was being gang raped by imps and all i heard was my guys echoing "ooooooooooh" everytime i was hurt.

I left with like 18% left.

Except for the Hellknights, the enemies are all very underpowered. I die mostly from Hellknights and falling down pits.

Depends on what skill level you play, of course. Each increase in skill level increases how much damage you receive from attacks. By the time you crank it up to Nightmare, enemies are doing triple damage per attack, and without a Soul Cube recharge, basically nothing above a pistol/machinegun bullet is survivable.

Stood still for several minutes at various points throughout the game, watching the realtime shadows dance around.

Ahh, 2004.

skib said:

Dumbest thing I did was kill sarge in the first level!

That doesn't matter. I've walked around in the first level, cheated myself a bunch of ammo, shot everyone, and nothing is missing later - including Spiffy Wheelchair Sarge.

It'd be cool, though, if the game were programmed with logic to incorporate actions taken with cheats. Kill Sarge now - save yourself a boss battle later with Sargent Lame-O!

I walked into or on everything that looked dangerous: such as a huge blue laser and some electrified lift tracks.
I also jumped into the UAC's convenient chasms to see if I would die.
I tried to fight a hellknight with my flashlight(it didn't end well).
around the beginning of the game I found an operation room and punched everything I found there, because that was the first time I discovered that my soldier so awesome, he be punch'n stuff so hard it hits the ceiling and lands on the other side of the room!

doomgirl said:

I tried to fight a hellknight with my flashlight(it didn't end well).

Now all we need is a hack to make doom guy yell NEENER NEENER NEENER while smacking hell knights and mancubi with a flashlight. :-D

audiodef said:

Now all we need is a hack to make doom guy yell NEENER NEENER NEENER while smacking hell knights and mancubi with a flashlight. :-D

That would be AWESOME!

audiodef said:

That doesn't matter. I've walked around in the first level, cheated myself a bunch of ammo, shot everyone, and nothing is missing later - including Spiffy Wheelchair Sarge.

I once tried to kill Betruger after one of the cutscenes, by using a noclip cheat. He did die, but that didn't make the game any easier afterwards :-(

Once I accidentally disintegrated my teammate with the shotgun while playing Open CoOp. I had about 10% health remaining and he spawned right in front of me. Mistook him for an imp which I knew was about to spawn in almost the same spot. Duh.

DoomUK said:

Once I accidentally disintegrated my teammate with the shotgun while playing Open CoOp. I had about 10% health remaining and he spawned right in front of me. Mistook him for an imp which I knew was about to spawn in almost the same spot. Duh.

I've done that, but with NPCs instead. When I found Swann I accidentally splatted him with my shotgun while I was trying to talk to him. I got a huge laugh out of it, but then I had to reload so I could hear what he had to say.
Also, when we found the artifact scientist after Delta, my sister killed him the minute the door opened, mistaking him for a zombie.

It's pretty common in Doom³ to shoot an NPC by accident like that. I've watched several LPs and there's always at least 1 innocent NPC that gets killed. Even on the first level, that guy that comes out behind the crates in the 'dungeons.' That was a funny LP...