Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mlauzon

Problem With Doom 3's Graphics Settings....

I have Doom 3 installed, but it won't save the graphics settings, I change the display setting to the highest it can go: 1600x1200, and turn AA on to 16x, then click on "Apply Changes" and shut the game down and start it back up; and the settings are back to default...why won't they stay set?

Are you running Windows? Is the base directory and DoomConfig.cfg writable for you?

There's no "of course" about it; I run Doom 3 on Linux.

Well, are you running Vista or 7? In that case you'll need to set it to run as administrator.

Ok, this may be as futile as flogging a dead horse, but Mr.mlauzon needs to consider whether his attitude so far in this thread is helpful for making anyone wanting to help resolving his problem...

chungy asked: Is the base directory and DoomConfig.cfg writable for you? Which you in two later posts didn´t reply to in a clear way. The question was essential in the attempt to help you.

I'm pretty sure its because your video card, it doesn't want to set it at 16x AA; if you set it to none, 2x, 4x or even 8x, it should save it. My older computer (ATI X800) used to do that but my current one (Geforce 8800GT) saves it at 16x.

Intel Core i7 965, ASUS Rampage II Extreme, G.SKILL Pi Black DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 6GB CL 8-8-8-21, Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 X2, Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB (2), LG GH22NS30 DVD Writer, Corsair HX1000W, Windows Vista Home Premium x64

Does setting AA to anything other than 16x AA solve the reset problem?

Still, if you really want it at 16x, you could set it to 'none' in-game, then exit and force Anti-Aliasing in ATI's Cat. Control Center program, I haven't used it in a while but if its like Nvidia control program, then you should be able to set it specifically for Doom 3 as a 'graphics profile.'