Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kb1

Texture offset fix for non-ZDoom software rendering of segs with bad offsets

Sure, the square root was costly (only on the castrated 486 versions without math coprocessor though) but it was only used at map load, to be called once for each seg. Even back then I doubt it would have cost more than a second for each map (i.e. close to irrelevant.)

Graf Zahl said:

Don't make such a fuss about the absolute numbers. It makes it very easy to ridicule Eternity for the low amount of projects released. And worse, the one big project out of this tiny number has been the victim so in terms of levels broken it's 32 (ok, 28 if we take out the ones without scripts.) out of 35, maybe. Doesn't look so good anymore, does it? ;)

So much for number crunching...

1 broken wad in 8 years sounds pretty good to me compared to Zdoom's record which is far more than 'a few'. Sorry.

Graf Zahl said:

It's not my problem if you refuse to accept that support for broken data may be necessary.

Graf Zahl said:

Engine bugs that normally get fixed quickly nonwithstanding, PWADs only break if you use features in a bad way. CIF3 was full of such crap and it was only this that caused the problems.

Anyone else see a bit of a contradiction here? That is, blatantly wrong wads should be supported, but if a wad functions in one build and not in the next, that's the wads fault... heh