Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WildWeasel said:

Except didn't he "pull" all his stuff by overwriting it with empty files or something?

No his wads in the archives are still there.
Also his website no longer works.

WildWeasel said:

Except didn't he "pull" all his stuff by overwriting it with empty files or something?

No. That was TimeOfDeath. (His files, I should note, can be found on the DSDA.)

But as far as I know, D-D was opposed to having his maps on the archives, no? Even if it might sound stupid, I'd rather not upload them without his permission (yeah, I know that someone has been uploading them lately, but still).

stickguy5000 said:

What ever happened to that guy anyways? He was always helping me with my mapping skills.

I believe it was due to a quarrel on the CC4 project.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Death-Destiny was pretty dumb anyway, it's better that he's gone. For reference, look up posts by him that were related to 1024 Claustrophobia.

Frankly, I'd rather have one excellent mapper who sometimes happens to indulge in silly drama than ten average mappers with great personality. As a player, I couldn't care less about the individuals, this is Doomworld and not Facebook.

To each his own, your mileage may vary, and all that.

Jodwin said:
But as far as I know, D-D was opposed to having his maps on the archives, no? Even if it might sound stupid, I'd rather not upload them without his permission (yeah, I know that someone has been uploading them lately, but still).

He didn't like the archive because of the database but if he gave general distribution permissions, he essentially allowed people to upload them to any site. I have Abyssion in my WAD folders, downloaded from his site, and the text file does state that "You MAY distribute this file in any electronic format as long as you include this file intact."

What I recommend is leaving the original text file in the ZIP (it does say "include this file intact") and using a slightly modified one to accompany the ZIP (optionally also placed in the ZIP with another name) that notes who uploaded the file and anything else that needs to be said.

IMO, Death-Destiny wasn't contributing for fun at Doomworld. He was mapping, modding, and attempting to exercise leadership over all that, more as an ambition for self-validation, rather than a showcase of talent and grace. He made all those maps under some stress; otherwise I couldn't explain why he was so quick to reply either defensively or control-freaky on the forum, and eventually quit without returning to post casually. He saw it didn't work out ideally as he hoped, so he stopped trying.