Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stroggos

Doom ports and WAD selection

Why don't more source ports include an interface for IWAD selection? I use ZDoom, Chocolate Doom, EDGE and Eternity and only one of them has a WAD selection interface. It seems like it is a bit of a Doom sin to include one.

Eternity has a nice IWAD picker (I created the art for it :D ) but you have to enable it and tell it your IWAD paths in the settings.

Yeah, EE's is enabled by going to Options -> (2nd Page) Wad Options -> (Page a few times) IWAD Paths. If at least one of these paths is set, then when the game is started up with no -gfs, -iwad, or -game parameters, then it'll present you with the IWAD chooser.

Unfortunately, it doesn't remember your last choice. So I ended up removing most of the iwads so as no to have to skip past them every time. :/

Gez said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't remember your last choice. So I ended up removing most of the iwads so as no to have to skip past them every time. :/

Yeah, I'm thinking up a way to deal with that :) And maybe provide some shortcut keys to specific IWADs also.

Sorry to double post. Just wanted to note that I have added IWAD picker selection memory as of trunk revision 1027.

Great, that deserves an update of my personal build.