Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WTG

New ZDoom wad

I am working on a ZDoom wad with currently 6 maps. As soon as I get 4 more levels done and my textures and sounds are added. All my maps will be in ZDoom (Doom in Hexen format) and I might also make a UDMF format version. The reason why I haven't included any screenshots or the demo release is because my PC is currently broken. I am also looking for some help. If you want to, you can email me at Traviswg9@gmail.com and get the current made part of the wad. Also you might find missing textures, maybe you could make those for me. I am also looking for good sounds and music for my wad. I will give you credit for both the demo and full version. You are going to be helping with the demo version but mostly the full version. Also my wad does NOT have a name, so it will be named new idea wad for now.

This should have been posted in the Editing or Wads & Mods forum. :P

What sort of theme is the level? Tech? Hellish?

Mr. Chris said:

This should have been posted in the Editing or Wads & Mods forum. :P

What sort of theme is the level? Tech? Hellish?

The theme is Hell on Mars

Malinku said:

No one will help you unless you post proof of your work.

I can show one level but i have more but they are on my home computer that is broken. how do i post a wad file?

WTG said:

I can show one level but i have more but they are on my home computer that is broken. how do i post a wad file?

Use a file sharing service or your own webspace, if you have one.

I have a new topic for my progress but here is a download link for proof i dont know how to post screenshots here the [IMG] makes images disappear.

MAP 01-http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZQ3SCFS4

It is a demo so please be Fair but Their are more maps but i cant upload them yet because of computer problems.

I have been mapping for a year but this is my first published work do you want to help i have 6 other working levels and i can show them to tomorrow when i get my computer back...

Hi WTG!

I just played your level and um... I don't want to extinguish your enthusiam or anything, but it was really bad (except it's a joke wad, but even then it's not good at all). Did you ever playtest this? For example, after 10 seconds you get to some stairs which you can't get down without NOCLIP.

Everything else just looks like you have just started a wad and tried stuff out. It doesn't look like a serious project which needs new textures and people who help you finish it. Most people here have their own projects that consume a lot of free time. If you want the map to have some very cool new textures, you don't have to make them yourself. Just look over at realm667.com and browse hundreds of wonderful new textures to use in your project.

I don't map for a year like you apparently do, but I have recently started Doom mapping and I can only say that I've learned a LOT by looking at maps from very good authors here on this forum. Go to one of the various threads about really good doom projects (like Speed of Doom) or look at the Cacoward section of Doomworld, which offers plenty of very good maps to look at and learn.

Hope that helps!

BlueEagle said:

For example, after 10 seconds you get to some stairs which you can't get down without NOCLIP.

Did you try crouching? Admittedly a bit more headroom would have helped.

the main reason i have not been able to show more is because me computer is getting fixed but i will show more here very soon 6-7 level by tomorrow.