Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aldaraia

Untitled Heretic Megawad

Heretic megawads are rare and few, especially compared to Doom. Ones implementing Zdoom, even more. I want to help boost this number by making an episode that will satisfy Heretic fans all over.

I've started off working on a Heretic episode replacement with the enhancements that ZDoom has to offer. New monsters and maybe some new weapons as well.

Taking place in the ruins of a world destroyed by a trans-dimensional being, the finished project will take place across plains of ice, sprawling swamps, hellish caverns, and the former glory of stone. The only thing I need help with is a good title screen and a decent sky texture to suit this world.

A even one more Heretic wad :D
Curse of D'Sparil, Morbid Flesh and now this one... Looks promising :D
It took a moment until i saw the "bed" but it is a very good idea and both screens look great imo.

Heh, maybe there will be enough Heretic wads for a "sabrewards", "werewards", whatever :p

Nah, it'll be cacos as well.

2006: Foreverhood
2008: Urban Brawl, Chex Quest 3
2009: Harmony

None of them are Doom.

Looks great!! Can you maybe take some outside screenshots?

At first I didn't really like the look of the pics but they're growing on me... the one to the right definitely suits the theme of a world that's been reduced to ruins well!

Keep up the good work, I'd really love to see an episode made like this.

I suggest you don't bother with making beds and furniture like you have in the second shot. It just looks silly and really doesn't add anything to the game.
Other than that, good luck with your project.

kristus said:

I suggest you don't bother with making beds and furniture like you have in the second shot. It just looks silly and really doesn't add anything to the game.
Other than that, good luck with your project.

Don't worry, it felt a bit awkward making furniture as well. The beginning of the episode takes place in a 'homeworld', but are quickly teleported to the other world.

kristus said:

I suggest you don't bother with making beds and furniture like you have in the second shot.

Sometimes I can't help but throwing in a piece or two, don't know where I picked that up.

Screenshots look pretty nice.

I haven't worked on it much this weekend as much as I have been exploring the ZDoom wiki, here's another screenshot.

The door is odd. The handles should be at the center, not the sides.