Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UnTrustable

M.A.D.2 video project - Decorate coders wanted.

Selection Round results:
http://www.3dshots.nl/Mad/mad2_2.htm

Hai.

Im making a Video project, called M.A.D.2.
What im hoping for is alot of members getting interested in making (new) decorated opponents.
I have made a topic already over here.
Its not a vague attempt to 'steal' your decorated monsters as much as possible.
All monsters made by you (and send in by you) will be used for M.A.D.2 and only M.A.D.2.
Nothing else.
Making a decorated monster (and the associated sprite set, sounds, name of author, etc) is all you have to do.
Basicly, this video project goes pretty much along with whatever you are already working on.
This project doesnt ask much time of of you, and while you are working your ass off making some maps for some project, keep
an eye on how your creation is doing against the others.
M.A.D.2 is not neccasserly for the winning, its also for fun.

EDIT: My apologies for being lazy. I really am. Here is an alternative webpage of what M.A.D.2 is going to be.
Please follow this link, it saves me time to post every screenshot and text in this post.

Greets.

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: Stop coming here, fucktwit. You're not welcome.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.

Meh - for some reason that's directed at me and I'm not even registered there! Board Administrator has been emailed.

EDIT - waste of time and electrons trying to contact the Board Admin.

The following message to <forums@skulltag.net> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'<forums@skulltag.net>: invalid address'

GreyGhost said:

Meh - for some reason that's directed at me and I'm not even registered there! Board Administrator has been emailed.

Wait, you say, YOU are being perma-banned from Skulltag.net?
Now thats not such a good start.

Well, if anyone is interested to join (or just for fun. Never take this video-outcome too serious ;) ), im also open to discuss via Youtube.

Im aware that people dont like video projects that much, i mean, there is no play in there.
However, it would be fun to watch your creation winning.

I'll try to make a webpage that shows the same thing as on the Skulltag.net topic, just for those
who can't see the page for some reasons, okay?

Yeah, people really aren't as interested in video projects, but if you can pull it off, more power to you. Thus, I'll try and dissect your post to tell what's wrong:

UnTrustable said:

Hai.

Im making a Video project, called M.A.D.2.
What im hoping for is alot of members getting interested in making (new) decorated opponents.
I have made a topic already over here.

You don't bother telling us more here? Why not, you could just have copy/pasted your post (in fact I thought you had posted the same crap there too). Btw, why didn't you bother showing ANY of your work here? People don't give a crap unless you can show you've got something going on.

UnTrustable said:

Its not a vague attempt to 'steal' your decorated monsters as much as possible.

Well that sounds trustworthy!

UnTrustable said:

All monsters made by you (and send in by you) will be used for M.A.D.2 and only M.A.D.2.

So I can't use my monsters later on where I want to?

UnTrustable said:

Making a decorated monster (and the associated sprite set, sounds, name of author, etc) is all you have to do.

See, now that's quite an understatement! Creating sprites and sounds is definitely the hardest part in your whole little project, and you call it a little job that anyone can and should do for you just like that. You obviously seem to think that whatever you're doing is much more valuable and difficult than actually creating new art assets...but you're WRONG!

UnTrustable said:

Basicly, this video project goes pretty much along with whatever you are already working on.

It doesn't. The few projects I have on the back burner and Boom mapping stuff, nothing to do with custom monsters or decorate.

UnTrustable said:

This project doesnt ask much time of of you, and while you are working your ass off making some maps for some project, keep
an eye on how your creation is doing against the others.

Refer to above on creating art assets. You have no idea what you're talking about.

UnTrustable said:

M.A.D.2 is not neccasserly for the winning, its also for fun.

What is it about anyway? You never manage to explain it fully. There's monsters fighting each other, but what else?

UnTrustable said:

Greets.

Cheers.

You have every right to complain.
Now that some people can't view the page i was referring, nobody knows what
i was talking about, and therefore you guys have every right to judge me.
No, really.
My apologies for being lazy. I hope i can still fix this bad start.
And i know very well how hard it is to make NEW sprites.
Even recoloring (old fashion way) takes some time and so forth.
Im sorry for sounding like it is/was an easy task about DECORATE.
To me, the decorate code is an easy task.

I hope i can explain some by giving you people a link to my page.
As far as i know, there wouldn't be a problem to view that.

I Hereby have edit my first post, aswell have i provided this post with the same internetpage.
All M.A.D. season 1 shows on one page (youtube required) .

Jodwin said:
So I can't use my monsters later on where I want to?

Nah, im sorry for my bad english, but i was just trying to ensure you, that I won't use YOUR work for anything else but M.A.D.2.
I know about my nickname, but i can only ask for some trust here.
In a matter of speaking, ALL of people's work on sprites and/or decorate code will be removed from my harddrive after im done with
M.A.D.2 or when someone wants to pull out for some reason (which i hope not.).
Truth is, im not using your work if you dont want to....
Thats what i was trying to say. ;)

Jodwin said:What is it about anyway? You never manage to explain it fully. There's monsters fighting each other, but what else?

Nothing else really, i mean, i won't send you a cup or some price money. The only thing you might win, is the big winning name in the video.
As i said, there is no real winning award, just for fun.
Its more like... hmmm... just imagen, now i may sound very funny or whatsoever, but
imagen you have worked hard all day, and want to relax watching some tv, before you go to sleep.
Instead of watching some tv, maybe one of the (amateur-level) M.A.D. show may entertain you alittle.
Especially when one of your competitors are competing...?
Its one of my thrills.

I was just wondering if there are more people who shares this same feeling/thoughts.
But as i said before: "Im aware that people dont like video projects that much..."

I can't promise i can pull it off making a decent show out of this, at least i can try.

GreyGhost said:

No, it's not directed at you. We recently banned an extremely annoying person. The ban reason should clearly indicate how annoying he was.

GreyGhost said:

It's not a waste of time. However, we do not use that email. There's a very simple and perfectly valid reason for it: Spam. It is rare these days to encounter a board that sends email that you can reply to - and Skulltag is no exception. I don't have time to sift through hundreds of emails to find legitimate ones, so I've blocked off that email completely. It's unmonitored and it will never reach a live person.

However, someone alerted me to this topic - and here I am. So there you are. Admin contacted.

I can whitelist you but that would be useless without knowing your IP address. The mong is not banned on DRD team or ZDoom, so if you have an account on either of those boards you can send me a PM there (my username is Eruanna).

That being said, it would be nice if you were not always so quick to make assumptions in the future.

From both reading your post and looking at the screenshots you posted on ST, I'm sorry to say this doesn't look interesting at all.

Completely bland, nonexistent lighting + bland, simple map geometry + bland, symmetrical square layout + the blandest, almost-single-color texturing possible = ?????

SoulPriestess said:

That being said, it would be nice if you were not always so quick to make assumptions in the future.

It would be nicer if you had a working e-mail address in the message so that he could have actually contacted someone.

Completely bland, nonexistent lighting + bland, simple map geometry + bland, symmetrical square layout + the blandest, almost-single-color texturing possible = ?????

To explain why there isnt any lightings, and simple map geometry and having symmetrical layout, is because i can't HAVE what YOU want in this map.
Light settings lower than 192 will affect the recordings. I NEED the lights on highest settings.
And to be honest, its useless to have other shapes and curves in a way that you are used to be when you make single play or deathmatch maps.
This project is not about the maps actually, they just for the theme only.
About the bland, i fully agreed in the screenshot you have replied on, but i'll explain more about the other side of YOUR reply.
Because, whenever you reply you always seems to have at least 2 different sides of whatever you're saying.

Alright Esselfortium:
This entire topic goes derailed by now.
By posting that image in the third post, i already understood YOU were not interested, and
i guess you and i cannot go along each other.
Now, you tell me this entire project is negative by quoting so many "BLAND's" in your mathematical calculation, yet by only replying at that 1 screenshot, saying that THAT screenshot
is bland and mis-aligned, makes everything looking/being bad.
EsselFortium, I believe YOU are a very bright and clever guy.
You know alot when it comes to Doom and that kind of stuff, yet, you also like to be populair somehow.
I know the difference between getting critism and getting replies that makes EVERYTHING look/being BAD.
You must realise, that you are a very known guy, and for some reason everybody seems to respect you, aswell respecting everything YOU SAY.
So when you say about 1 screenshot that "everything" is rubbish, everybody will BELIEVE that everything is rubish.

So lets turn this topic being LOCKED up. That is however that is going to happen with such critism that YOU ALWAYS GIVE to starters like me or others.
Maybe now you will understand why i reply to you like this.

Sorry dude, you asked for it.
Thanks for ruïn my project.

UnTrustable said:

To explain why there isnt any lightings, and simple map geometry and having symmetrical layout, is because i cant HAVE it in this map.
It will ruin the recordings. I NEED the lights on highest settings.
And to be honest, its useless to have other shapes and curves in a way that you are used to be when you make single play or deathmatch maps.
This project is not about the maps actually, they just for the theme only.
About the bland, i fully agreed in the screenshot you have replied on, but i'll explain more about the other side of YOUR reply.
Because, whenever you reply you always seems to have at least 2 different sides of whatever you're saying.

Alright Esselfortium:
This entire topic goes derailed by now.
By posting that image in the third post, i already understood YOU were not interested, and
i guess you and i cannot go along each other.
Now, you tell me this entire project is negative, yet by only replying at that 1 screenshot, saying that THAT screenshot
is bland and mis-aligned, makes everything looking/being bad.
EsselFortium, I believe YOU are a very bright and clever guy.
You know alot when it comes to Doom and that kind of stuff, yet, you also like to be populair somehow.
I know the difference between getting critism and getting replies that makes EVERYTHING look/being BAD.
You must realise, that you are a very known guy, and for some reason everybody seems to respect you, aswell respecting everything YOU SAY.
So when you say about 1 screenshot that "everything" is rubbish, everybody will BELIEVE that everything is rubish.

So lets turn this topic being LOCKED up. That is however that is going to happen with such critism that YOU ALWAYS GIVE to starters like me or others.
Maybe now you will understand why i reply to you like this.

Sorry dude, you asked for it.
Thanks for ruïn my project.

Sorry for giving you criticism on the project you posted publicly, next time I'll be sure to lie and say it looks really good so you'll never know how to improve it

You dont read.
There is a difference between getting critism and saying at 1 screenshot that all screenshots looks out of line and bland etc...
Read !
You did talking about "screenshotS" at 1 indeed mis aligned screenshot.

Thats the other side of the story of your way of replying.
And i think you like to act like this... to get on peoples nerves.
Well, good luck doing that.
Giving me critism, is a good thing, really, but you need to know in what way you give critism.
There seems always to be some backfire somewhere in your posts.
The bland has already been fixed btw.

Homina homina homina.
Oh mighty and popular Esselfortium. Please tell me, what else is bad so I will know. Otherwise I might spend time with something that I only think I am enjoying. D: Please show us the way to good projects. As thinking for ourselves is not something we are capable of.

*bows and puts forth blood offerings*

kristus said:

Homina homina homina.
Oh mighty and popular Esselfortium. Please tell me, what else is bad so I will know. Otherwise I might spend time with something that I only think I am enjoying. D: Please show us the way to good projects. As thinking for ourselves is not something we are capable of.

*bows and puts forth blood offerings*

I don't know, man, it's almost as if people are incapable of looking at his site themselves and making their own decisions which may or may not be the same as mine

edit:

UnTrustable said:

You dont read.
There is a difference between getting critism and saying at 1 screenshot that all screenshots looks out of line and bland etc...
Read !
You did talking about "screenshotS" at 1 indeed mis aligned screenshot.

Thats the other side of the story of your way of replying.
And i think you like to act like this... to get on peoples nerves.
Well, good luck doing that.

In all seriousness, I could have picked any of them and said basically the same thing.

esselfortium said:

I don't know, man, it's almost as if people are incapable of looking at his site themselves and making their own decisions which may or may not be the same as mine

Well, I'm sure everyone makes their own decision. But it's obvious that different people see different things. I agree with you about the visuals etc. And since this is mostly about visuals, it's pretty important to get them right. But as far as I am concerned, this is nothing more than a waste of time.

But I digress. To each their own.

Never mind. I made the question about who likes to join this project by sending in their own custom made decorate actor.
And basicly that was all.
I was lazy because writing AND maintaining the main post was AND is alot of work.
Thats why i directed everthing to one spot.
I know people like to see screenshots, so these were the recent ones back then.
And dont get me wrong, i fully agree when it comes to detailing and the aligning issues.
The mentioned maps are changing every day, and im lazy to post every new battle field.
Besides, despite the fact that most of us here 'demands' some detailing on a high level, i prefer a middle level.
There is a no need for more corridors because these maps are not going to be played by people.
Overdetailing the walls ceilings or whatever, will only take the focus away from the actual main reason: the battle itself.
And the battle im talking about is not a player deathmatch game.
Its about decorate code versus decorate code.
No obstacles inside the battle area allowed, that explaines why its a open inside field.
The maps MUST be symmetrical. No discussion possible about this.
The maps, or at least the Square where the battle takes place MUST be lighted enough due to video plugin issues.
Besides, i wasnt asking for making maps. All i asked was for those who like to join in, to share your decorate monster with me.

But some of you guys already made your point clear.
My feelings towards Essel doesn't come fromout nowhere.
Essel: If you tried to get to know me, you would already have known that my maps NEVER turns out the way that has been posted here and on skulltag (my page).
Certainly not when im still working on this.
I never stated anywhere that this work was done/finished.

For those who dont like to participate in this project, please dont post unless you
really have a good statement or thoughts/idea's.

Thanks for your time.

So this basically a project, where everyone does an overkill monster?
I wonder if we'll see a cyberdemon shooting spider masterminds...

lareman said:

So this basically a project, where everyone does an overkill monster?
I wonder if we'll see a cyberdemon shooting spider masterminds...

In a matter of fact, yes it can, however, i would simply recommend to let this Cyberdemon spawn these SpiderMasterMinds in a logical way.
Logical way in a sense, that the cyberdemon fires some mechanical probe which spawns the SpiderMastermind.

Don't worry about the fact that this cyberdemon will spawn lots and lots of spidermasterminds.
I have thought of that when i started to make the script.
There is a limit of spawning minions (9), aswell the remote control that the cameraman is carrying (me) can block the questionable missile action, or can take out the minions 1 by 1.

If creating such Cyberdemon is to difficult to make it spawning minions in a logical way like descibes above, its always possible to make this like a FUN match.
A fun match stands aside the championship. They are more like a fill up match, when i have time left in the total 30 minutes video.

EDIT: Its not necasserly a need to make an overkill monster.
If someone want to go for the championship, then yes, make a overkill monster.
I myself am trying to making some original decorate codes, simple but original.
Some are strong, some are easy.
For an example, im have made a BloodImp that can do a bloodboil attack and can phase through the floor.
Ofcourse a monster always sees its opponent, but by altering the decorate code, i can make it looking confused somehow.
Now thats original as far as i know.
Bloodboil btw, wont work on those who doesnt have blood. :(

Apologies to UnTrustable for hijacking his thread - again.

SoulPriestess said:

No, it's not directed at you. We recently banned an extremely annoying person.

You're right, sometimes I don't stop and think.

It's not a waste of time. However, we do not use that email. There's a very simple and perfectly valid reason for it: Spam.

While I understand your reason for not using that address, the time spent composing the email, then attempting to forward the bounced message to admin and postmaster could have been put to better use.

I can whitelist you but that would be useless without knowing your IP address. The mong is not banned on DRD team or ZDoom, so if you have an account on either of those boards you can send me a PM there (my username is Eruanna).

Can do, though my account's assigned a dynamic IP so there's a chance I'll be "banned" again sometime.

lol this is an AWESOME project

I love the videos from the first one!

I will probably submit something

I think you should have regulations on some of the things. Obviously you had 3000 health (could be lower - matches lasted a long time) but maybe everything should have no painchance?

PS maps looked fine to me, the cheering marines are hilarious. Spend less time talking tho

All I know is the ban was aimed at kangaroo fucking aussie Lizzaroro and not you.

But look, no offense can you please move this discussion about being banned somewhere else? This is about M.A.D 2.

Good work/luck on the project man, I loved season 1 and I'll be submitting monsters here :)

I am planning to start some recordings the third week of april.
While recording people can still send up custom monsters if they want to (or trust me enough to be ensured that nothing bad will happen to their own work, like stealing or something) :P

9 vs 9 vs 9? Won't that turn into a projectile spamfest?

Well, about the projectile spam, the maps are pretty small in general, and the projectiles dont go far untill they hit something.
Ofcourse a projectile can hit an other monster than the one it was supposed to go for.
Its quite possible that that monster will change its target, but the Thing_hate control script
will run every 5-10 seconds to assure everyone, that the fight goes as fair as possible.

Having fights of 4 teams (9 vs 9 vs 9 vs 9) are actually a bonus feature, or for 'fun' battles.
If someone made an overkill monster, and likes to show off its strenght and power, i can make it so that it fights against 27 (3*9) less strong opponents.
Just see this 4 teams (or 3 teams) as a bonus feature.

My main focus is having a 1 vs 1 fight of 3 rounds in total, climbing up to the championship of season 2.
Then the champion of season 2 has to fight the champion of season 1.
If there will be a season 3, all the monsters that has lost during season 2, may be upgraded, stronger, faster, more weapons, but all that has to be done in a logical sense of way.
Like my Plasma Revenant, it got upgraded with 2 fists instead of 1 when it goes into melee state.
It also runs alittle faster (1 tic faster).
Not a real big upgrade, but hey, i also need less strong opponents ;D
Ofcourse i have made strong monsters, because i like to win too, but i dont care much if all of them would lose eventually.

Last update: 17 april 2010

Im still working on some small features, like the hud display.
I thank those of you who responded well and or contributed some monsters, still,
i dont have enough, therefore im going to borrow a couple monsters from the realm667.
Sending in decorated monsters from NEW people from this day on is now closed.
Only those who responded in the topics, Doom World/skulltag are still allowed to contribute if they want.

As i said before, there is no must, but i must say that i had high hopes for a better responce to this project.
I guess, there arent much actor decorators in the Doom community after all, or people got too much occupied by other things they do.
Thats okay.

Thanks anyway. ;)

EDIT: 20 april 2010: Im doing some recording already, since the script and everything else was done at 17 april 2010.
Doing this i have a good picture of which monster i like to select for this season.

Im also not going to report anymore, since i have seen, making this together with the current Doom community has become a failure.
Maybe its because of me, because maybe im doing everything faster than everybody else, or maybe Im/was rude in some way, maybe Im impatient, or maybe i have the same attitude as Graf Zahl recently, i have no idea.
Or it is because like i said at DoomWorld, there isnt much people out there that master the decorate code and things like that, OR we are all busy with other things first.

Right now, im working with the available monsters of people, even those who dont know about me using their work for M.A.D.2
My apologies for this, but Im sure i won't harm anybody by doing this.

Edit 19 may: Doing some recordings by running 1 vs 1 battles of all the available monsters.
I might use some results in an M.A.D.2 episode.
Put up a list in the first post.
Altered (yeah im bad sometimes) a post of mine to explain some details better.