Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As I recall, the creater of Phocas 2 made that project because he wanted more wads like Phocas 2 to exist. Unfortunately for him, it's probably still the only one.

Creaphis said:

As I recall, the creater of Phocas 2 made that project because he wanted more wads like Phocas 2 to exist.

I can relate to that, it's the only reason I start work on my wads in the first place.

Anyway, Gulag for Heretic is akin to it IMO.

Creaphis said:

As I recall, the creater of Phocas 2 made that project because he wanted more wads like Phocas 2 to exist. Unfortunately for him, it's probably still the only one.

This is true. I still wish someone else copied the style as I'd like to play something in this style without knowing exactly where to go.

I wanted to make something similar when I made Phobia. But I couldn't stomach all the scripting and planning required.

kristus said:

I wanted to make something similar when I made Phobia. But I couldn't stomach all the scripting and planning required.

The scripting for the item use isn't too complicated and is easy to add new items/actions to. I might be biased though. The scripting for falling damage, monster spawning, and the candles are more complicated.

I didn't really do much planning, the project just grew on it's own.

If anyone plans to do a project in this style I could most likely help out with the scripting.