Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

A better "Christian" America

@Keyblade: Killing all the CEOs and Corporate goons wouldn't make the world a better place. Suddenly someone has committed a mass murder and all those CEOs and corporate goons would be replaced by other CEOs and corporate goons. Intelligent people will always exist, and those who know how to manipulate other people's intelligence/lack thereof will always manage to find their ways into positions of power.

@OP: Back on topic. ... really? I really thought people like this existed only on TV. There is no way on earth that this dude is legitimate. This man is a parody. somebody grew this dude in a bottle, brainwashed him with some religious assbackwardness and put him on TV to show the US how dumb some parts of the country are in hopes of change. I refuse to believe people like this exist, or have existed.

perhaps I should have made it clearer that I was referring to the OP's video. context helps. I was not aiming that at you, rather the dude on TV.

Keyblade Master said:

@patrick:How dare you call me a fake. why don't you read my posts more closely? and don't be so qiuck to judge me!!

Yeah, you're not so much of a "fake" as you are a poseur.

IMMA START SOCIAL MOVEMENT NAO

GreyGhost said:

McLeroy and his fellow reactionaries on the Texas Board of Education are following a well-trodden path.

I hope you're not inferring that simply because history repeats itself inexorably, that this whole imbroglio is somehow inevitable? This disastrous Texas school board situation CAN be rectified and nipped in the bud. It just depends on how the rest of the country reacts...and from what I've been hearing and reading, the reactions thus far are pretty big.

Reactionaries will always exist and push their agendas, but a grave situation like this has to be absolutely stopped before it propagates and disseminates into other areas of our lives. Something like this passes, it will just open the floodgates to all types of other nightmares that may even extend to well beyond the schoolroom and into society and the realm of scientific research. If the majority of the next generation are brought up with these textbooks (since Texas controls that industry), I can't even begin to imagine the detrimental effects on society overall.

Maybe I am overreacting, but as the old adage goes, it's better safe than sorry.

Prince of Darkness said:

Yeah, you're not so much of a "fake" as you are a poseur.

No, I am not poseur either, you *******. I happen to be one of those old school Idealist who now believes that nothing cannot be done without violence due to the following facts.

1. Corporate Lobbyist and Morality Tyrants have all but made it impossible for non-violent activist to change anything in politics for the better.

Thus ipso facto, this will eventually force many activist to resort to the inevitable solution. A second american revolution just as violent as the first. in fact let me borrow a few words from Thomas Jefferson to justify my argument.

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

What's on the agenda after you've slain the bloated bourgeoisie and outlawed religion?

Qaatar said:

I hope you're not inferring that simply because history repeats itself inexorably, that this whole imbroglio is somehow inevitable? This disastrous Texas school board situation CAN be rectified and nipped in the bud. It just depends on how the rest of the country reacts...and from what I've been hearing and reading, the reactions thus far are pretty big.

It doesn't have to be. I don't know to what extent the boards decisions are subject to oversight and appeals processes but that's the obvious place to apply pressure. If that fails, the last resort is probably lobbying the publishers (under threat of boycott) to print "Texas" and "Elsewhere" versions of textbooks.

GreyGhost said:

What's on the agenda after you've slain the bloated bourgeoisie and outlawed religion?

Can you stop spitefully misreading me? I am actually in favor of a goverment that is compentent enought to crack down on corperation and to keep zealots in the nuthouse where they belong while maintaining a high level of freedom, including the freedom of speech, freedom of press, the freedom of religion and all other freedoms. But the situation here is growing increasing worse as evidence by our thread's tag subject. Re-read evrything that I said completely and think before you reply.

Having a monster like this on the school board is unacceptable,doesn't america have two seperate school boards?
(One for regular school and a christian school board)

Keyblade Master said:

No, I am not poseur either, you *******. I happen to be one of those old school Idealist who now believes that nothing cannot be done without violence due to the following facts.

Well, at least you got something right- many old school idealists believed violence was the answer to many problems, like Jefferson.

GreyGhost said:

Pudding, and naptime after cleanup.

Should we make a Georgef551 vs Keyblade Master "snapping" context thread? :-p

Keyblade Master said:

Can you stop spitefully misreading me? I am actually in favor of a goverment that is compentent enought to crack down on corperation and to keep zealots in the nuthouse where they belong while maintaining a high level of freedom, including the freedom of speech, freedom of press, the freedom of religion and all other freedoms. But the situation here is growing increasing worse as evidence by our thread's tag subject. Re-read evrything that I said completely and think before you reply.

Spitefull? You've read too much into my response in assuming that I've viewed your over-the-top posts with anything more than mild bemusement. However, since you wish to check my reading comprehension - let's recap your posts...

It just saddends and sickens me me to see that religious individuals and greedy corporations still want to enslave the common man and to recreate the tyrannical living standards of the Middle ages. we can no longer sit by and watch the world go to hell. Eventually, we will have to arms ourself and fight once more for Freedom, Justice and the Pursuit of Happiness.

I would glady kill all of the fundamentalist and corporate tyrants with a Shotgun just to save my nation from tyrany.

I don't understand why the people have not found the courage to rise up against the wretched zealots, or the selfish CEO's.

the zealots and the CEOs hate all of us, because we are free. they believe that we should be their slaves.

I tend to read between the lines as well and sometimes I wind up reading a submessage.

by taking out the evil leadership of both entities they will be unable to mantain control over the people and they will lose their foul influnce.

I happen to be one of those old school Idealist who now believes that nothing cannot be done without violence due to the following facts.

1. Corporate Lobbyist and Morality Tyrants have all but made it impossible for non-violent activist to change anything in politics for the better.

Thus ipso facto, this will eventually force many activist to resort to the inevitable solution. A second american revolution just as violent as the first.

The sub-message that I'm picking up is that you're angry at the world in general and looking for scapegoats. You're young, naive, somewhat misguided and leaning towards radicalism, if handled properly you'll make excellent (and willing) cannon-fodder for a subversive organization.

even though keyblade is quite a bit radical and sees things through a little hole, there is some truth in his speech.

Private interests and religious groups exercise such a hold on our system that is real hard, if not next to impossible, to change it in favor of other than these groups.

GreyGhost said:

The sub-message that I'm picking up is that you're angry at the world in general and looking for scapegoats. You're young, naive, somewhat misguided and leaning towards radicalism, if handled properly you'll make excellent (and willing) cannon-fodder for a subversive organization.

Like the Hutaree, since we're talking about CHRISTIAN AMERICA, and American Christ is apparently about killing people so that you can murder their friends during the funerals.

The group says on its Web site that Hutaree means "Christian warrior" and proclaims on its home page, "Preparing for the end time battles to keep the testimony of Jesus Christ alive."

In the Web site's "About Us" section, the group says, "We believe that one day, as prophecy says, there will be an Anti-Christ. All Christians must know this and prepare, just as Christ commanded."

<snip>

According to the indictment, Hutaree members view local, state and federal law enforcement authorities as the enemy and have been preparing to engage them in armed conflict.

The indictment alleges the Hutaree group planned to kill an unidentified law enforcement officer in Michigan and then attack officers who would gather for the funeral.

According to the plan, the indictment said, the Hutaree wanted to use improvised explosive devices to attack law enforcement vehicles during the funeral procession. The indictment said those explosive devices, commonly called IEDs, constitute weapons of mass destruction.

Time Robbins said:

Let me explain to you how this works: you see, the corporations finance Team America, and then Team America goes out... and the corporations sit there in their... in their corporation buildings, and... and, and see, they're all corporation-y... and they make money.

ROFL at "raging against the machine". Enjoy every product you own being made by "greedy corporations".

What do the United State's foreign affair policies have to do with giving children as free from bias as possible, proper, well balanced, educations?

I guess it's all about image, what an hypocrisy.

As the proverb says : do as I say not as I do.

jallamann said:

http://nightmaster.net/stuff/1269306472499.jpg

I read that Norway is something like 17% atheist.