Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DESPIS3D

WorldPanning keyword in the texture definition?

Can some one please tell me how to put WorldPanning keyword in the texture definition. I'm really new at this and I search everywhere and can't find how to do this. Please Help and thank you for your time

Grazza said:

Please make your thread titles more descriptive.

somehow its already change. sorry about that.

I assume you're referring to the texture problem in this thread.

There's no way of adding keywords to the lump of raw data that is a TEXTURE1 lump, you need to create a TEXTURES lump (which is a text-based format) and put your hi-res texture definitions in there.

GreyGhost said:

I assume you're referring to the texture problem in this thread.

There's no way of adding keywords to the lump of raw data that is a TEXTURE1 lump, you need to create a TEXTURES lump (which is a text-based format) and put your hi-res texture definitions in there.

I'm still getting stuck I'll make the lump and it doesn't work for me, I think I'm probably doing it wrong. Well here a screen shot I'm still confused. http://yfrog.com/4bsomethingsomethingcomplj

Nobody Knows? Just post a screen shot or an Example would be much appreciate. I really need help on this. Please ^_^

[QUOTE]boris said:
Looks like you're using ZDoom. If so, then read up on http://zdoom.org/wiki/TEXTURES [/QUOTE
I read this multiple times and I don't quite understand can somebody explain in their own words or post a screen shot. Check my screen shot I think I'm doing it wrong since it not working.

Referring back to your screenshot - right-click on the highlighted lump and rename it TEXTURES. If that doesn't fix the problem it's at least a step in the right direction.

You're using the TEXTUREx editor. You can't use features such as worldpanning in the binary TEXTUREx format.

That's what GreyGhost already said: the TEXTUREx format and the TEXTURES format are not the same things at all!

1. Create a text lump that you name TEXTURES.
2. Define your texture in that text lump.

Here's an example. The image lump is called CATGIRL and is a 512x1024 pixels. We're using it to define a texture with a x8 resolution (64x128) called ANIME. Adjust this example as appropriate for your thing.

Texture ANIME, 512, 1024
{
    XScale 8
    YScale 8
    WorldPanning
    Patch CATGIRL, 0, 0 {}
}