Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Okuplok

Speed of Doom demos [-complevel 9]

That's one impressive demo, given I probably wouldn't be able to learn the map in an hour (you know how bad I am at learning maps :P). You even had no stragglers!
Even though I could probably wrong, but I think that the only advice here would pay a little more attention to rockets (4:07, 5:57), since you had to use SSG a lot of times at the end and exited map with some rockets. Maybe, new time to aim for would be 8:XX? :)

Anyways, that's a great demo and route already.

For sure 8:xx is possible but i don't feel like doing it. I didn't know i would need more rockets at end , this is the first attempt where i got to the blue key and didn't practice this much :(

MAP27 UV-Max in 9:50
Map author should be aware of what's hard and what's annoying. Still, very good looking map. This also took me a little more than one hour, but here getting 8:XX seems to me really tough (SAV, where art thou?!).

And, that's it! Every Speed Of Doom max is oficially sub-10 minutes :D

sd27-950.zip

Rizera said:

MAP27 UV-Max in 9:50
Map author should be aware of what's hard and what's annoying. Still, very good looking map. This also took me a little more than one hour, but here getting 8:XX seems to me really tough (SAV, where art thou?!).

And, that's it! Every Speed Of Doom max is oficially sub-10 minutes :D

Nice time! And what was so annoying about the map? :P Hard to believe it's been three years since I made this map!

Joshy said:

Nice time! And what was so annoying about the map? :P Hard to believe it's been three years since I made this map!

Thanks!
Well, I hated the start, hated the faraway revs sniping you, the tricky hard to hit cybers, the pit which monsters can fall and you'll never find them. Those all make the map annoying, not hard D:

Nevertheless, the maps is beautiful and you did a good job on it!

well, the annoyance factor is multiplied by the strategies you've chosen - play risky and fast. :P

Rizera said:

Thanks!
Well, I hated the start, hated the faraway revs sniping you, the tricky hard to hit cybers, the pit which monsters can fall and you'll never find them. Those all make the map annoying, not hard D:

Ahhh, fair enough. :-)

SwissCheezz said:

Map31 uv-speed in 1:08

Is this a good time? I just did 01:06. Did of course not record though...

I had alot of problems with the revenants piling up beneath the stairs after getting the BK. Ugh.

edit: I see danne has 01:02 on dsda

Good SSG action. And wow, two 3 rocket AV kills in a row? Now that is a miracle. (damage distribution according to prboom-plus: first vile 242 + 201 + 259, second vile 274 + 274 + 154!)

yeah, what a rare sight. i thought the first one HAD to be grazed by something else, no way that happened... but here we go. nice!

Very well planned and executed demo. So many beautiful BFG shots. :) You're making great progress as a speedrunner imo.