Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Okuplok

Speed of Doom demos [-complevel 9]

Great! I also love this map. Did you spend a lot of time on it? I think Anima played it quite a lot.

Memfis said:

Great! I also love this map. Did you spend a lot of time on it? I think Anima played it quite a lot.

Yeah, 4-5 hours of hard work. I used to miss Spectres on the BFG room or get killed so many times on the last battle. So it was hard to achieve a good time and IDK how many time I failed :)

Yousuf Anik said:

Map 14 uv-max in 04:12

One of my favorite map. finally I've got a good time for this map :)

Very nice one. A definite short max of the year candidate (or max in general).

My last submitted speedrun was Sunder - MAP10 - UV-Max from 19th December 2016 before an extended hiatus, so hooray for finally regaining interest :)

Here are UV-Fasts for MAP02 in 3:57 and MAP03 in 3:15

sd02f357.zip

sd03f315.zip

Edited by Bloodite Krypto : Wrong info in text files

Map01 UV Max/Reality

sd01y430.zip

Youtube video

I just retrain myself to Doom controls from Wolf3D controls. Well, it's far from good because I'm too coward to punch those Spectres out and wasted a lot of time. Need some luck for those Chaingunners to blow themselves up, or a Cacodemon to take care of the business.

Edited by GarrettChan : Well, wrong name

Map02 UV Max/Reality

sd02y538.zip

Youtube Video

A pretty fun map to have a Reality run although some of the place can be annoying. Mostly this map doesn't need luck like Map01 and you have plenty of cover to dodge. This run is good in my standard, but definitely can be improved a lot.

Edited by GarrettChan

Map03 UV Max/Reality

sd03y452.zip

Youtube video

Should be the last one I can do. I got a 4:30 and got shot at the end, so this one is definitely bad... The beginning is kind of boring, but after you get your weapons, it's pretty fun.

Edited by GarrettChan

Map04 UV Max/Reality

sd04y953.zip

Youtube Video

I just can't hold back my curiosity, so I decided at least go through it and see whether this is possible. Then it's fine until the last room... I don't want to give up because I've already "wasted" so much time in pathfinding, so I decided to try how I can prevent the Hell Knight from teleporting in. I found it because the monster cages won't be triggered if you're not in the starting area.

The most nerve-wrecking part is the 20% damaging muddy water. If the leaking Rad Suit accident happens, you have no way avoiding damage, so pray for it...

Map05 UV Max/Reality

sd05y1146.zip

Youtube video

Hell yeah, finally did it, slow as heck but steady. Being one of my favorite map in the WAD, I definitely showed some love to it. There are several difficulties in this map, all of them being quite annoying because they all consist of hitscanners.

1. The starting area, hitscanners with damaging floor limiting your space make it very difficult. I originally thought this map can't be done without taking damage due to this place.

2. The room with 5 Chaingunners on the side. Sometimes the Chaingunner can hit you through your Chaingun fire, in the meantime you have to deal with the Hell Knights and the Imp from afar.

3. The Shotgunners + Hell Knights traps.

4. The Spider Mastermind feels like hitting you sometimes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Paul977Thanks, but I don't like that "farting" part of the midi ;P

Edited by GarrettChan

Map12 UV Max/Reality

sd12y1105.zip

Youtube Video

Don't know why even this level is not as difficult as Map05, and it's even less luck based than Map05, I don't really enjoy playing through this map compared to Map05. There are only a few Chaingunners (to be exact, should be 4) in this map, but there are many places that you can take damage accidentally. As I developed some new strategies for encounters, it's usually skill based rather than luck based.

Edited by GarrettChan

Map11 UV Max/Reality

sd11y1353.zip

Youtube Video

Joshy's map, as described "dickish" by himself, is kind of tough to do no damage. The beginning area is kind of tough since there are many hitscanners (including Arch-vile if you count). Other places are not that bad, but still it's not easy to have a consistent way to deal with, so you may take damage accidentally from time to time.

The run is kind of slow because I took so much time to catch breath and panic... and some of the encounters are not necessary to be this safe, but I just want to finish it at all cost.

4 minutes ago, Yousuf Anik said:

What about map 21?? Btw these are excellent demos, keep up good work ;)

I'll check the map later. I actually enjoy Joshy's maps more, but they're a pain in the ass to do Reality runs. I'm definitely a masochist, lol.