Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Okuplok

Speed of Doom demos [-complevel 9]

Map 26 UV-fast in 22:11 (Video)

My first ever demo submission, be gentle with me. Until tonight I didn't even know how to record demos haha.

I haven't found an entry for an UV-fast run of this map so I gave it a go. It's one of my all time favorite maps, love to play through it casually. 

I took mostly the safe approach which made the fights straightforward, except for one suicidal move in the open which should have resulted in my death, but I survived.

The final fight is the trickiest one, I go in there fully stacked and wearing the invuln, however the time only allows to kill most of the archies before it runs out. And then I need to quickly grab some more cells before it gets blocked by cybers. There is a line the monsters cannot pass, so infighting will do most of the job, but the cybers are too strong and I need to take care of about half of them myself with the BFG. Also there was one pain elemental that just refused to die. The entrance of the cave was blocked by a million lost souls, so I had to rely on splash damage to get the final kill.

SODfinal_map26_UVfast_2211.zip