Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

India to weaponize...chili!

I was expecting to read that they'd be feeding troops nothing but chili con carne.

A pepper's heat is measured in Scoville heat units. Edible peppers/sauces/extracts are 1 million or less (for loose definitions of "edible"). AFAIK, pepper spray is something like 4-5 million. You can buy fancy ornamental pepper extracts of up to the maximum of 16 million Scoville, but they are useless for consumption (as in, you would go the hospital if you tried).

A concentrated form of this pepper is probably a much cheaper way of getting capsaicin than by artificial means.

Bhut Jolokia are insanely hot. You can garnish food simply by rubbing the pepper across it. Your lips will burn as soon as they make contact with the pepper's skin.

More than enough videos of people on youtube eating them.

They also crush these things and spread them on fences as an elephant deterrant. They turn tail and run at the smell of 'em.

That's a much smarter idea than the African farmer that decided use land mines and won a Darwin award.

I sincerely hope to never come across one of these grenades. I've had pepper spray on my hand before as part of a demo... Holy fuck, never again. Now, basically a pepper grenade? I'm running for the hills.

Lizardcommando said:

Holy crap, I swear that chili looks like it's glowing in that picture.

It does, but it's probably reflected sunlight off the foliage below, which you can tell is quite bright from the background of the picture. That or there may be a metallic object, such as part of the camera, or somebody's belt buckle, gleaming nearby.

Look at how carefully he's holding it though. And that maniacal expression on his face. You can just tell that that shit is dangerous.

Future news item - "The MasterChef TV series has been thrown into disarray following a police raid which netted a significant quantity of weapons-grade chili". :D

exp(x) said:

I eat ghost chili all the time, so I have nothing to worry about.

When you die you will burst open like Korax and they will all escape, gibbing any nearby adventurers in the process.

exp(x) said:

I eat ghost chili all the time, so I have nothing to worry about.

Do you eat them.. WITH YOUR EYES?

also in your nose