Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cacomonkey

Larger message fonts in GZDoom w/ 1600 x 1200

This is my preferred resolution to play Doom WADS in Skulltag (GZDoom) with but the message fonts are far too small. Is there any way I can increase the font size while keeping the sweet 1600 X 1200 resolution? I can't seem to find the setting in the skulltag ini file.

M.

You have to provide a larger-sized font.

Simplest way: open zdoom/gzdoom/skulltag.pk3 with your favorite archiver, extract dbigfont.lmp, rename the extracted file confont.wad, and load that. Everything is now a lot bigger.

That's a terrible idea. Console fonts and variable-width fonts in ZDoom are made in entirely different ways. You cannot use one as the other.

Outside of the console, there is a "scale text in high res" option that will make the in-game messages ("Picked up a clip" and the like) the same size as in 320x200.

I tried the wad suggestion and nothing changed. Can't seem to find the "scale text in high res" setting. I wish there was a mod or a wad that gives me a good, clear, large text at 1200 X 1600. Any other suggestions, guys?

Woolie Wool said:

It's in the "Display options-->message options". Explore the menus more thoroughly.

Okay, I found it. Thanks for all the help in this topic & the quick responses.