Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Aseph

Those Awesome Dual Pistols in Deus Vult II

So, I personally think that the dual pistols that replace the regular pistol in Deus Vult II are infinitely better, and I would like to use that particular weapon replacement in my own WADs.

It says in the .txt file, and I quote: "Authors MAY use the contents of this file as a base for modification or reuse. Permissions have been obtained from original authors for any of their resources modified or included in this file." So yeah.

What would be the best way to go about doing this? I don't particularly want to shamelessly pilfer anything else from DVII apart from maybe textures, so I just need to know what is involved, being that it is a weapon mod that does not simply change the gun's appearance, but also its rate of fire and that sort of thing.

FYI, I use Doombuilder 2 for my wadding.

You need to rip the sprites and the dehacked patch. Good luck sorting that mess out since it has all sorts of other modifications in it besides the dual pistols.

Yeah, the dual pistols in Deus Vult II are pretty kickass. :P

Mike.Reiner said:
Good luck sorting that mess out since it has all sorts of other modifications in it besides the dual pistols.

nah, its hardly a mess, since Doom Marine had all the code for the dual pistols in one place, so separating the code from the rest of dehacked is fairly easy.

I went ahead, and separated the pistol from the rest of DVII,
for anyone who wants to use it: dviipistol.zip (credits ofcourse go to Doom Marine)

Worst said:

I went ahead, and separated the pistol from the rest of DVII,
for anyone who wants to use it

Awwwwww... how nice of you.